chapter 7: Break-in

RECAP: I woke up later in the night, to hear glass shattering and Pete screaming something I wasn't able to make out. 

I woke up Jordan quickly, (He's a reaally heavy sleeper!) And alarmed, he grabbed the closest threatening object to defend us. He ran in the ktchen, and grabbed...... a giant pot. He came back smiling, "I think we can knock someone out with this. Hardcore" He said to me. "When you were in the kitchen it didn't occur to you to grab a knife?" I asked him, exasperated. Jordan hung his head in shame and we walked (armed with a big bowl) to find out where Pete was.  We found him by my room, holding a bigger man by the collar of his stained shirt. "Call the police, Halez" I had Jordan run to get a phone while I asked Pete what happened. "Well, I woke up to go to the bathroom, but had this weird feeling that I should use your bathroom. Just as I finished going, I heard glass break and saw this shmuck jumping in the window. So I grabbed him, yelled at him to get out and since he refused, here we are." Pete explained all in one breath. I heard the guy start to snore, "How do you fall aseep in that position?? What the hell?" I asked Pete, my only answer being a shrug. My sleep-filled brain finally recognized the guy as the pedophile from the ice-cream place. I gasped and saw Jordan handing me the phone. I called 9-1-1 and explained everything, and was assured that police would be here soon. I went downstairs to wake up Stephen, who somehow slept through all of the commotion, and he was freaking out. "Lemme' get my hands on him! Who knows what would've happened if Pete wasn't using your bathroom?" Stephen yelled, struggling to go up the stairs since I was holding his arms back and not moving. "You will wait here with me until the cops get here, ok big bro?" I asked.. adding an innocent smile to my harsh order. He nodded meekly and I let his arms go. "EVERYTHING GOIN' GOOD UP THERE?" I whisper-yelled up the staircase. Next thing I know, Jordan came walking down the stairs holding the giant pot and going in the kitchen to put it back from wherever he found it. "It's all good. The creep has been sleeping and I ran to Pete's room to get some handcuffs until the police get here. ( I do NOT wanna know what he uses those handcuffs for.) Jordan, reading my disgusted expression laughed, and agreed with me before running back upstairs.  "So Stephen, how did you sleep?" I asked trying to lighten the mood. "Well, I was sleeping fine. After this escapade,though,  I don't think I'll be able to . My conscience is guilty." I gave him a questioning stare. "You wouldn't let me kick that perv's ass earlier at the ice cream place! I wouldn't be able to live with it if something happened to you and I could've stopped it. " Stephen told me, judging my reaction, probably. "I still love you little sis. I was a kid just trying to live my dreams. I was stupid,  I could've lived my dreams here from the first place.  It would've been better if my family was by me for support. The music biz is a tough world," Just then, the doorbell rang and I noticed the red and blue flashing lights through the window. I answered it, to see a young-looking cop holding a notepad and some handcuffs.  "Hello, I'm Officer Alexander, are you Haley?" He asked. "Yeah I'm Haley jerzak, I live here and so does my best friend. Follow me, please." I lead him up the stairs and into my room, seeing the scumbag handcuffed to the coat rack I have in my room. Pete and Jordan were standing next to the guy who was somehow still asleep. They were talking in whispers. Both guys  looked up when they heard us come in my room.  "Someone wanna tell me what happened, again?" Officer Alexander asked. Pete and Jordan recalled both of their points of view as the officer scribbled down notes. "So you all saw this man earlier, correct?" He asked, which we confirmed. "Well, it's really late right now. I'll take him downtown and keep him in custody for awhile, and do you all think you could come to the station to be further questioned tomorrow morning?" Officer Alexander asked. "Yeah, that should be fine. Thanks, officer" Pete responded for all of us. He grabbed his handcuffs- the lethal ones, and gave Pete his back. "Nice touch with the purple fluff on there, by the way." He told Pete. We all stifled laughs as he went to his room to put them back until who knows, I'm hoping they'll stay  there for eternity. Officer Alexander woke up the creep, so he could get him in the police car outside, and the guy winked at me before being harshly escorted outside. We went back to our sleeping bags, watching as the cop car's lights dim until it was just black outside. I checked the time, and it was 4 am, no wonder it's still dark out. "Goodnight, everyone, love you all." I said to everyone surrounding me. That reminds me... What happened to Christofer Drew? He used to obsessively text me, but hasn't since the party.

____CHRISTOFERDREW'S POV___________________(NIGHT OF THE PARTY)

I picked up Haley. and we drove to Lamoni's house. I introduced them, and wished her luck, before I left them to talk about duets and stuff. About an hour later, they both came to the basement where the party was starting. I saw them laughing and wondered why it couldn't be me making her that happy. They parted ways when a drunk Jordan came up to her, picked her up and spun her around while kissing her. I stared at the couple, wishing I could be as lucky to get a girl like Haley. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and looked over to see my old friend and, I guess some would say drug dealer, Oli Sykes, from the band Bring Me The Horizon. "Bro, you look depressed, you need to relax... I got just the thing for you." He said to me, also looking at the couple who, by now has fallen over on the ground.  Oli pulled out a baggy of what I recognized as pot, and I gratefully accepted it. "Thanks man, I owe you one." I told Oli. He just nodded in response,  and I joined the group of high people in the darker part of the room. From there on, I felt relaxed and all I remember really is Lamoni dragging me in a room with Haley and a bunch of other people. My memories don't go any further than me whining. Which is probably why I just woke up in Lamoni's room that I recognized from last night. I got up and stumbled my way out of the room. I'll text Lamoni later to find out what happened.....