19. Found.

The boy; that old woman's grandson was too young, he was lean and dark with a thin frame which worried Arjuna. Fighting with wild animals requires more physical strength, he looked like he might pass-out in one strike of any wild animal. He has a red cotton cloth wrapped around his hairline connecting forehead and wore a cotton dhoti and an almost torn cotton kurta which did not help reduce Arjuna's worries. He was leading the way with a wooden stick, clearing out the bushes.

"What's your name boy?" Asked Vikram, as they passed through the deep woods, being careful with their each and every step. What the old woman has said was right, the forest was hilly making them trip and too bushy blocking their view. If Chitra was truly in this forest, it was more than a tough task to find her.

"Rajan." He replied as he tapped his stick on a rock walking forward. "And yours?"

"Vikram Singh," Vikram replied with a sigh, even his well-built body was hurting at sides because of the uneven movements.

"And which kingdom do you people belong to?"

The boy was smart irrespective of his appearance and Vikram respected him for that. They were having a small chat as they kept moving forward. Rajan was intelligent enough to gather all the details regarding the princess enough to lead them in the right way of the forest and the surprising part would be he was well aware of the bandits' issue.

"Rajan," Arjuna called, "I should catch them before they harm my woman. That is Before midday-"

"You won't find them now, we still have a long way to catch them. But I know the palace they usually rest, it is towards the far end of the north side."

"And how do you know that?" Arjuna asked with suspicion. The boy knew more about the bandits than they have. It is possible that he was involved with them? Or did he take a wrong step in trusting this boy?

"Don't worry king, I mean no harm to you. My father used to be a thief but when I was born he left all that dirty work and came to this part of the village to raise me. But beggars are no choosers, almost everyone refused to hire my father for any work, but the blind old lady whom you met did."

"She's not your grandmother?" Asked Vikram as he was shocked.

"No, she isn't. But she raised me while my dad left to gather wood from this forest every day. He would take me along with him sometimes and that is how I know well about each and every corner of this forest."

"But that doesn't answer my question boy." Spoke Arjuna in a monotonous tone, his story sparked no interest in him. Everyone faces some form of trouble in life, that doesn't mean you can gain sympathy from people by telling your story around.

"I am coming to that part." Said Rajan, as he bent a huge bush which was blocking their way, "My father was killed by a group of bandits when he refused to join their group and since then I have found each and every information about them, their every hiding place and even the count of their group but not until yesterday they have finally decided to show up. And now, I got a chance to avenge my father's death."

Arjuna didn't comment anything on that, even he lost his father around his teenage but he always had the support of his family and mainly they had money and power unlike Rajan, so he might not understand this young boy's pain.

* * *

After a few hours of vigorous search they have finally reached the north end of the forest where these bandits were residing, Rajan had to climb a tree and conform about the size of their group and their positions.

"I don't see any woman over there, but there is a small broken temple to the corner. They must have hidden her inside."

Arjuna nodded his head, what if Chitra was not inside? What if he had already lost her?

"Don't worry my lord!" Vikram spoke observing the lost look on Arjuna's face, " We have successfully reached till here and I will make sure Chitra comes out safe even if have to lose my life!"

"We shouldn't be careless!" Said Rajan, blocking their way. "They have traps on land all around them, one wrong step and we might fall in a deep pit and never come back alive."

"Then how do we get to them?" Asked Arjuna, with anger bubbling through his veins.

Rajan sat down and started drawing a map on the sand with the help of a small twig, pointing out the traps around and their positions. Those bandits stood in a circular position with heavy swords and arrows.

"Fine, here's the plan. Few soldiers would distract their attention and at that moment we take charge of our positions. We will follow a triangular motion moving towards the temple and the moment we find Chitra we will safeguard her inside our triangle." The authoritative tone in Vikram's voice made everyone nod their heads.

"Lord Arjuna, I request that you enter with the second batch. As they might not expect a second attack and in that way, I maintain your safety."

Soon the strategies were made, positions were set. Vikram started using his sword and Rajan released arrows with high speed and accuracy. The attack was going perfect, those bandits were shocked to see a full-fledged attack, by the time they finally understood what was happening they were already halfway losing. Half of their men lay on the ground hurt.

But before Vikram could step forward inside the temple and look for Chitra a thin arrow was shot to his left shoulder, blood spilled out and Vikram fell to the ground with pain. But the weird part was, the arrow in his shoulder has their Kingdom's symbol but before he could see who the traitor was his eyes blurred out with black spots dancing around.

* * *

A splash of water on her face woke up Chitra, as she slowly opened her eyes she got to see a face she longed so much for. She raised her hand slowly and slightly outlined the tiny scar on his right eyebrow with the tip of her fingers. Do you get to see the faces you have longed so much before dying in heaven?

"You have a special liking to that scar, don't you?" She smiled weakly blushing as his rough voice sent a shiver through her spine, his face looked worn out with deep frowns on his forehead.

Slowly she raised her hand trying to flatten those frowns, "Don't frown, you look too old when you frown and it doesn't do justice to your handsome looks."  She could see a light color in his cheeks but it soon left his face. She gradually registered her surroundings, soldiers stood around while few were hurt and the other few looked fine.

"I got you, princess, you are safe now," Arjuna said holding her closer to his chest while pushing back those wild strands of hair behind her ear and pecked her forehead.

Her cheeks were burning with embarrassment, she actually said those words to him in real?

Chitra smiled weakly, she was saved. Arjuna didn't leave her behind but instead, he took the effort to find her. Will she ever be able to thank him? He was always the one to save her when she was deep in trouble.

"We will have to start moving now, Vikram is hurt and-"

"W-what?" Her eyes went wide listening to what he said, she looked around with fear, only to find Vikram lay under a tree while his arm was bleeding. A young boy was trying to treat him with some herbal leaves.

Chitra pushed herself out of his arms as she ran towards Vikram.

"Brother!" She called desperately as she sat down near him, tears flowed down her cheeks while her lips trembled.

"What happened to him?" She shouted as her voice shook, she ran back to Arjuna and caught his arm, crying frantically. "P-please Arjuna, save him!!"

----------------------

This chapter was for tomorrow(Sat) but my day started so well that I had to post this chapter today!

TQK is #13 in historical fiction !!! Daebak!!! ♥️♥️♥️

Hey there! You, yeah you! Don't forget to press the star down here 🌟