20. Healer.

"P-please Arjuna, save him!! " She cried desperately clutching Arjuna's arm.

All he did was wipe the flowing tears from her face, even his face was filled with raw pain. Losing Vikram would not only affect Chitra but also him in a disastrous way. He can't lose Vikram, never.

" I am trying my best Chitra." Saying he took her face in his hands forcing her to look straight in his face, maybe if she would see in his eyes she might understand how important Vikram is to him, " Rajan says there's a healer nearby. The faster we move the best it is for Vikram."

Chitra was still in a haze. Two soldiers were carefully carrying Vikram seeing that they would not worsen his wound anymore. But when she took a few steps she realised that her feet were still bleeding, it hurt to walk on this path but she doesn't want to disturb Arjuna and slow down their speed. Vikram needs immediate medical help than her.

But her long sighs and her painful expressions didn't go unnoticed by Arjuna, " What's wrong Chitra? Are you hurt anywhere? " He asked furrowing his eyebrows. The moment he asked the question he mentally smacked his head, how can he be so careless? Though she looked fine on the outside, all her energy must have been lost.

"N-no!! Nothing " Saying she moved forward but Arjuna happened to see the stains of blood on the ground behind her.

He took two long steps forward and scooped her in his arms, screaming Chitra immediately put her hands around his neck for support.

"W-what are you doing! Put me down! "

" Why didn't you tell me that you were hurt? " Arjuna asked looking down at her face. Her face was so close to his that noses could almost touch.

" I don't want to slow down our speed, we need to reach the healer as soon as possible." The sincerity in her voice multiplied the respect he had for her. Who said that she doesn't have any knowledge about being a queen? She always puts others' well-being before her's and treats them with the same love and respect they give not caring about their status.

"Never do this again, your health is also very important to me. "

She didn't argue anymore and also in a trance she asked Arjuna, " How did this happen? As far as I know Vikram is the strongest! "

" It was Ratan's men."

"W-what? " Chitra stuttered, did she hear it wrong? There is no way that Ratan would do this to Vikram!

" Yes, he chose to disobey my orders and gather enough information to reach you and in that process one of his men got confused and shot Vikram. " The way his voice trailed off worried Chitra. His expression is that which broke Chitra's heart, Ratan was close to him and this betrayal must have hit him hard.

" But, where is Ratan now? " Chitra asked, as she slowly started screening her surroundings but her eyes got no hold of him.

"He left to arrange transportation for us."

Their conversation ended there, she started to notice her surroundings as the sweet tweets of the bird were getting louder. The tweets were so peaceful that all the tiredness since yesterday catched her up, she soon fell asleep on Arjuna's shoulder.

~~

Chitra woke up to find herself on a small bed and a thin cotton sheet of a blanket was wrapped around her. She slowly got up as she observed her surroundings and the room had no furniture except another bed at the corner. She rubbed her eyes to get a clear view and realised that it was Vikram. She immediately tossed the blanket to a side and tried to stand on her feet. But a shooting pain made her drop to the ground with a small scream.