24. Rajmatha Padma.

Chitra has changed into a light silk ghagra after a peaceful bath, it took almost an hour to wash away all the dirt from her hair and body. The chambers given to her were three times the size of her old room in Ramapur which made her explore everything inside the room. The Almirahs were already filled with different clothes and ornaments that she stood there trying to see each and every detail of those stunning ornaments. But it would have been more perfect if Arjuna was around, what would he be doing now.

" My Queen?" A maid peeped inside, she was slightly shaking. At first Chitra thought, maybe, the night's cold breeze was making her shiver but when she noticed the rolls of sweat on her face she understood that this shiver was different, this is one is from fear.

" Rajmata Padma will be visiting your chambers with the royal Ladies in some time, she wants you to look presentable."

"Okay," Chitra replied, it is normal for a new bride to be introduced around right? " But can you help me? "

The maid looked as if Chitra had just banished her from this kingdom.

After taking her own time she walked inside, standing in a corner near the mirror. Chitra did not force her much, she removed a simple cream colored Lehenga which had no designs but the maid interrupted her.

" I might be crossing my status by suggesting this but Rajmata Padma doesn't like it when a princess is too quiet or too simple. "

Chitra just wanted to jump over the window in her room and run into Arjuna's arms, if that was possible.

" Thank you for the suggestion." Saying Chitra pulled out a pink colored saree, it was easy to handle but elegant enough. She quickly pulled out different ornament sets and tried them with the help of her suggestion.

" So, do I look fine? And I almost forgot to ask, what is your name?"

She almost blacked out thinking when was the last time some royal had ever asked her name.

" Champa. "

" Nice name, our names are slightly similar if you notice, my name is Chitra. " Chitra said as she twirled around in front of the mirror making sure she looked perfect. " And Champa, do you have any suggestion?"

" Um, Just cover your face till our Rajmata removes it. "

~•~

~•~

Rajmata Padama walked inside so elegantly that Chitra had to hold her breath, this is what a queen looks like, perfect, perfect in every sense unlike her.

Few royal Ladies tailed behind her, almost curious to see the new bride. Rajmata slowly removed the edge of the saree with was covering her face and all the ladies looked impressed except her.

" What is your name bhau?"

" Chitra." She replied trying her best to be confident.

A displeased look crossed over her face as she said, " When someone asks for your name, you are supposed to say your full name."