40. Princess Nandhini

Nandhini made a happy twirl while humming some unknown tune in happiness, the corridors were a little dark but who cares? She is finally getting to meet Vikram after a long time. Unfortunately, all day he remains busy with his training of young soldiers and her mother has prohibited her from visiting him at night. As if Vikram  can try something dirty, that man is just a sage in a warrior form.

Let the marriage be done, she will just wrap him with her saree pallu so that he remains beside her all day and night. 

As Nandhini was passing the training grounds she saw something which made her skin burn on fire, her fingers fisted up in anger. There, outside the training grounds stood Vikram and Apsara, while he looked a little uncomfortable she was busy dusting some unseen, imaginative dust on his shoulder, touching his neck. 

The nerve of that woman!

"Vikram." Nandhini's voice came out stiff, she managed to control her anger by looking serious as she walked near him. 

The moment Vikram's eyes fell on Nandhini, he pushed Apsara's hands off him and happily took a step towards her making Apsara frown. 

That's my man, bitch. Nandhini need not say those words as her eyes said them with fuming anger and Apsara shivered vissibily under Nandhini's glare. 

"Nandhu!" Vikram said, with a huge smile on his face, walking happily towards her. 

Nandhini smiled in content, running her hand on his thick black beard, "What is she doing here?" She asked, being as calm as possible.

And Vikram replied in a casual tone, "Oh Apsara? She requested me to teach her some defence tricks-" 

"I almost forgot!" Nandhini interrupted him shouting, acting as if she just remembered something but in reality she was more than irritated to even hear her name from his mouth, " My mother is calling for you, immediately." 

"At this hour?" Vikram wonders, rubbing his forehead lightly with this thumb and index finger. “Okay.” He nodded ready to leave. 

Vikram was a little nervous as he turned back to Nandhini. 

"And also," He hesitated a little as he bent down towards her, close to her ear, "Is it possible for you to meet me early in the morning tomorrow? You know before my training starts?" 

Nandhini's eyebrows rose up in suggestiveness, moving dangerously close towards him placing her palm on his chest, “ I never knew that you were this brave to try something before our marriage?” She laughed teasing him. 

And he coughed as little, trying to say that they were not alone. That Apsara was standing right behind them, So he opened his mouth to discipline her,

“For god's sake, stop being so-” 

“So romantic? Unlike you? You are more than worse at-” 

“Yesterday evening when I was patrolling outside the palace, I bought a ruby necklace for you.” Vikram stated proudly, indicating that he is romantic. The moment he saw that shining red necklace he knew that it was just made for his Nandhini. 

“Really?” Nandhini looked shocked but soon that expression was replaced with a huge toothy smile as she nodded her head in agreement, “ Okay, I accept that you at least have a teeny tiny amount of romance left in you.” 

They both laughed over their stupid jokes and soon Vikram made his way to the royal quarters to meet Rajmatha. 

The moment Vikram left, Apsara felt like a helpless deer standing near a hungry lion as Nandhini’s glare was making the hair on her neck stand up in fear.