Chapter 9 -50's Dance

Forbes Residence

Damon has been coming over at night lately in a way it's odd because it's not like I'm going to run off to the hills or anything.

Well, unless I have a good reason to of course.

But I know it also has to do with the whole 'Noah the vampy is here' type of thing. Which I should Hopefully be kept out of.

I mean, that has nothing to do with me.

Once I'm ready for school I leave the house and get into my car. I'll have to bug Ric at school today, I wonder if I can get out of going to the dance tonight?

—————————————————————
Mystic Falls High School

I walk down the halls to class in combat boots, a pair of boot cut jeans, a tank top and a sweater. Simple and comfortable, my hair is in a ponytail to keep it out of my face.

It was after first period when Elena came over to me.

Shifting uncomfortably Elena asks "Caroline? Can we talk please?"

I look at her blankly and hold back a groan. "Why?"

"I miss one of my best friends." Elena says with a pout.

I roll my eyes and she blinks at me, so I tell her flatly "We're not really friends though are we? We're friends when it's convenient for you or when you want to tell me what to do or how I'm suppose to be. But we're not really friends." Honestly, the other Caroline might have bent over backwards to please this girl but I am not her.

I turn and see that Stefan is in front of me, I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow at his serious face "can I help you?" I ask him boredly.

His eyes dilate as he leans towards me as I glare at him staring into my eyes and he says "you are going to listen to Elena and do what she says ." What an Asshole he is, how fucking rude.

I roll my eyes at him and say bluntly "No I fucking won't. Your look alike Barbie may need vervain to avoid your compulsion but I don't."

Shock flickers across his face "But Damon. ." Stefan begins to say when I cut him off immediately.

I glare at him and whisper harshly "No, the difference between your brother and you is that you pretend that you've never done anything wrong, you don't own up to your misdeeds, you make excuses. . He doesn't, he owns up to his mistakes and choices in ways that you don't. I trust him more then I could ever trust either of you or Bonnie." I tell hiss at him angrily, his eyes now widened in shock and worry.

"You know" he whispers quietly as stares into my eyes and then he peaks at Elena, to see if Elena heard him.

"I know a lot of things Stef" I tell him with a shrug, causing elena to glance between us with a frown before I whisper back at him with a glare "and none of you even had to tell me."

His eyes are narrowed dangerously"why hasn't he killed you?" Stefan asks curiously as he looks at me with a frown.

I shrug and say airily, "Because we're friends dumbass. Now I gotta get to class! See ya folks!" I tell Elena and Stefan, then I spin on my heel and head to my next class.

Matt's been glancing at me lately and that's just creepy. Then again Tyler has been too but I think that's because of the whole 'I head butted him thing' or did I punch him? Eh, details.

I stayed behind in Alaric's class though and I sit on his desk and play with the pencils in the holder thingy they're in.

I can feel his eyes on me as he chuckles "what are you doing?" He asks amused.