Chapter 10 - Grave Robbing Duo and Annoying Old Body Friends

Cemetery

After we got the shovels we were by old man Salvatore digging up his grave. It was quiet, way to quiet. Although I like quiet.

"Stefan tried to compel me at school today." I tell him offhandedly as I scoop up more dirt to toss away.

Why did I say that? Oh yeah, I have this thing where random honestly just POPS right out of my mouth.

"He what?" Damon asks threateningly through gritted teeth as he stops shoveling, looking at me intently.

"Tried to compel me." I repeat again with a frown, watching as his vamp face comes out due to his fury.

"Why?" Damon grits the question out angrily, quietly fuming. God he looks so fucking pissed now.

I sigh a little and shift uncomfortably as I start to fidget, hesitantly I reply "He wanted me to listen to Elena or follow her command or something and she didn't even care you know? She just watched on expectedly like I was supposed to be her little pet."

She's a Fucking bitch and Stefan's a jackass bastard.

Damon's grinding his teeth angrily now, his hands are clenched tightly into fists, he's dropped his shovel and he begins pacing .

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" He snaps angrily at me as he slowly stops pacing.

Fidgeting again I look at the ground nervously and say timidly "Because, I figured it wouldn't be such a big deal. I didn't think it mattered."

Please don't hurt me.

Damon's beside me in an instant and I tense, mentally expecting to be hit or yelled at. I wonder if he will be disappointed in me now.

He fingers lightly touch underneath my chin as he grips it in a mixture of both harsh and gentle, he brings my face up so that I'm looking directly into his eyes.

Damon's face is stern and his jaw is still clenched tightly, his vampire face is on full display and he looks absolutely livid. "You should have told me right away Caroline. Do you think I would've helped either of them if I had known? I would've fucking murdered them." He snarls out angrily, causing me to tense up, expecting a hit.

His grip on my chin tightens for a moment causing me to wince before his grip loosens and he's holding my chin gently between his fingers. However he doesn't release my chin.

I blink at him, surprised by the fury in his voice. Although, when he's angry his eyes are much brighter. They're a rather beautiful blue.

He grinds his teeth "I'm going to kick his ass after this Caroline and that little girlfriend of his, fucking assholes." Damon snaps angrily at me, well not me specifically though I guess.

Then he releases my chin and grabs my shoulders still looking me in the eyes before continuing gently as he rubs my shoulders softly.

Gently but sadly he asks  "How could you not tell me Caroline? Do you know have any idea how worried I get for you? Now I have to worry about my fucking brother and his fucking Barbie clone hurting you too."

I go to turn my head away in shame but his fingers come back up and keep a firm but gentle grip on my chin making me look up at him once more.

People don't fight for me, they don't not ever. I'm not worth the effort or so I've been told. Then again my parents weren't exactly good people either.

"You thought I'd abandon you." He gasps quietly in surprise as realization dawns on him, I hold back the urge to fidget under his gaze, his eyes lit with determination.