Chapter 25 - Time

Bree's Bar

It was late by the time that I was finally up, maybe around ten in the morning or so. Walking down to the bar with Bree I yawn loudly as I see Lee and Damon but not Alaric.

"Where'd Alaric go?" I ask him curiously as I cautiously put my hand up on his shoulder.

"He took your car early this morning, it was a school night." Damon says amused as he looks at me.

"Ohh" I mutter amused as I sit down beside him.

"Did you want to go back home tonight?" Damon asks curiously.

"Nope." I mutter with a small chuckle as I lay my head on his shoulder.

Lee fills up some glasses behind the bar and puts a cup of water down beside me "Did you and Bree have a good time?"

"Yes!" I say happily as I smile at him "it was nice! How about you, did my boys behave?"

He chuckles in amusement as Damon huffs. Before either of them respond Damon's phone goes off. With a sigh Damon answers it.

"You've reached Damon Salvatore, unless you are dying fuck off." He replies irritably, I cover my mouth to hide my laugh of amusement. 

Damon rolls his eyes "No Stefan. You go save her." Then he hangs up his cellphone and shakes his head "Little brothers I tell you."

I snort in amusement at that. "What time do you think Alaric will be back?"

"Later."

"No shit Sherlock." I respond dryly as I begin to chuckle.

"Wanna go for a walk with me kitten?" Damon asks me after he takes a drink of his bourbon and stands up.

I hum in response and shrug "Sure, why not." I get off of the stool and follow him out of the bar.

Outside

I skip along slightly behind him as we walk around the bar, since it's only around noon her bar is still technically closed. At least until 4pm.

"Did you have fun with Bree yesterday?" He asks curiously as we venture into the woods.

I sit down on a fallen tree after we get deeper into the woods, he sits beside me and grabs my hand gently as he does so.

"Yeah, we talked and hung out. She even helped me a little with some of my magic." I tell him with a small smile on my face.

He nods "Be careful though, sometimes witches just can't be trusted. Normally they all hate vampires and I know you're not one but they occasionally do see humans as just a means to an end."

I hum in response. "Like some vampires do."

"Ouch, low blow." He says with a small laugh, I just shrug.

"It's true though. Not many vampires think much about human life either. They don't feel superior without thinking that way you know."

"Well, vampires are a superior race."

I shrug "Maybe. But I think it has more to do with the vampire or humans personality then anything else."

"So vampires are automatically lesser because they kill?"

"No" I reply instantly. "It's much more complex then that though isn't it? We're not all made up of good humans and bad vampires or witches."

"Stefan would qualify as a good vampire."

"I disagree." I state bluntly causing him to stop walking and me to bump into him by accident. "I'm not saying that he's bad Damon. But he becomes the Ripper of Monterey if he has human blood. He could learn control but he hasn't. Denying what he is is bad for him, just as it would be for anyone else."

"I'm the bad brother." Damon replies darkly.

I snort "Well, you're not a saint Damon. But I wouldn't say you're particularly bad either. You can be bad. But can't anyone?"

He snorts as he looks down at me, his arms wrapping around my arms gently as he looks at me and asks sarcastically "What, are you a philosopher now?"

"Nope. I just don't believe everything is simply black and white like everyone wants it to be. It's a color spectrum or something like that."

After our staring contest we begin walking through the woods again. Playfully I tap his shoulder "Tag, you're it!"

I turn to take off running into the woods when he's suddenly in front of me looking amused as all hell. Raising an eyebrow he says playfully "I think I'll win this one."

"Vampire speed is cheating you brat." I say with a huff of annoyance as I cross my arms and pout causing him to laugh loudly for a moment.

"Is it? and here I thought that you wanted to be caught."

Sticking my tongue out at him, he chuckles even louder as I say jokingly "How rude."

"No it's not" he says with a scoff "now, don't stick your tongue out at me or I'll bite it."

"Ohh, tongue blood. Interesting taste you got there." I say playfully as he rolls his eyes as I sit down on the ground and begin playing with the grass.

He sits down with a curious sigh "What are you doing?"

"Touching the grass." I tell him like it's obvious, because it should be. . Right?

"You're a weird one Kitten."

I look at him with narrowed eyes for a moment and then shrug "Maybe I'm not the weird one but you are?"

Damon laughs lightly and says playfully "Right, I'm sure that's how it is."

With a hum in agreement I lay down on the grass and look at the clouds happily "it's so pretty!"

He hums in agreement.

"I've always wanted to go to space you know, kind of like Farscape or Star Wars"

"I haven't seen Farscape."

"Really?" I ask him with a confused frown. "You should, I bet you'd enjoy it."

I hear him move a little bit and when I turn I see that he's now laying on his right side watching me curiously.

That night after the bar was closed I went back out to the woods, Alaric and Damon coming along curiously as I find a nice area to lay down on the grass. We spent the night looking up at the stars together while occasionally there was small talk, but it was mostly comfortable silence.