Chapter 36 - Alaric

Mind Cleansing Ritual
             —————————————
Healing Crystals: Amethysts- protect the mind and said to have incredible protective healing and purifying properties. Stone to use as part of base or center?

Sacrifice: use Esther as the sacrifice to end the mind control? Can't, she signed the no harm contract. Is it do-able without a sacrifice? Unknown. Maybe Sacrifice the Ancestors somehow? Possibly improbable.

Sigil of Protection for Alaric: protection from evil and Guard Against Evil Spirits (He will stand there), burn sigil into ground? Make Salt line? Or Grass paint?

Steel chain and a talisman of some sort: to hold back the alternate persona. Would it work?

By all means I technically don't need to worry about Esther now with her being all Ghostly. She shouldn't be able to cause any trouble unless she wants her soul to burn forever in hell. Like, the real hell. Although, locking the alter ego away may end up being useful. Technically the same ritual could be used with a few more tweaks. It could be kind of like locking away Moka's vampire side, or even Tsukune's ghoul/vampire side. Which is something that I've been working on.

I hear a knock on my bedroom door and I sigh as I close my notebook. "Come on in."

Glancing up I see Niklaus opening the door, "I heard about your mom."

"You and most others have by now." I reply sadly as I open my notebook again in agitation before holding back the urge to throw it.

It's been awhile, of course everyone has heard by now. Gosh, why does it seem like everything I gain is always lost or taken? Maybe I'm being too dramatic?

Shortly after he's sitting on the opposite side of my bed awkwardly and I rub my eyes as I suddenly feel exhausted. "What is it that you want Klaus?"

His lip curls up slightly in amusement as he answers. "You are aware that you can call me Niklaus, love. Or Nik, I wouldn't mind either. But regardless, how are you holding up?"

After a few beats of silence I put away my notebook then lay down and mumble as I pull my blanket over my head. "Miserably."

"Yes, that's what I was worried about. Have her appointments not been going too well?"

"Not really no." It doesn't want to recede even with the Cemo treatments.

"We've been seeing an influx of supernaturals visiting the town lately. Most of them have been trying to interrogate the Bennett witch and the Salvatore's about the Super Witch." He informs me while using his hands as quotations. "Are you and your mother prepared to move? Damon and Alaric have been growing extremely agitated, as have I."

I pull the blankets off of myself, sit up, blink and tilt my head, then I look at him curiously. "You three have been in the same room alone? Should I be worried.."

Niklaus rolls his eyes and crosses his arms over his chest. "He nor I have killed each other."

I raise an eyebrow and he adds. "We've only came close too such a thing, love. Don't give me that look. No need to worry for my safety."

I snort and let out a chuckle. "I'm more worried for them. What was the fight about this time?"

He shrugs and I hold back a sigh. Why do I always get non-answers from them? "Where is Damon?"

"I just snapped his neck, in a friendly way of course." Niklaus replies casually, what I'm curious about is if the only reason his body wasn't ripped apart is because it was 'friendly'. Perhaps it can read intent?. "He'll probably be here any minute now. I think the only reason your spell didn't work was because I didn't intend to kill him, just uh — shut him up? Technicalities and all that. I'm sure that he will be here any minute, to complain to you and steal your attention from me."