Chapter 43 - A Non-Plan, With Complications

We had a large gathering in the lower level of the house for our TIA (Trust Issues Anonymous) meeting. The shifters that stay on the reserve hadn't arrived yet and in a way we don't think that they will take us up on our offer for whichever reason they decide to come up with. However, Jacobs small pack has joined us. Albeit begrudgingly if you go by the almost pout on Leah's face since they arrived.

The runes that are placed around the home are kept active, anyone wishing to cause harm cannot find the place even if they know where it is. (Jack Sparrow is that you?)) no, no it's not. As the other members of the Trust Issues Anonymous group arrive I see the small pack become more excited even as the Cullen family enters the area cautiously.

When the Mikealson mother walked through the door (all ghost like) the boys and Rebekah stand up straighter before their bodies relax again. The Cullen Family and Jacobs pack however were more slack jawed by the situation even as the pack from the reservation walk to the door following behind the ghost mom in an almost trance like shock.

"Can we get started yet?" Marcel asks with a sigh as he looks at his watch again and grimaces. "I do have work at the quarter to get back to."

"Ah. And how are they behaving now, son?" Niklaus asks curiously before frowning and blinking when he realizes he called Marcel his son, something he hasn't done in a very long time.

"As I'm sure you've noticed.. the majority of them are here. So there are a lot less problems then there used to be, but we recently found a rouge group of witches and they are slippery and down right brutal."

"More so then the ones from the quarter?" Kol asks curiously.

"They seem to have migrated in, at least from what the others have told me."

"Any idea where the witches have originated from? Or do you think they're more of a scattered coven?"

"No." One of the witches from the quarter retorts grumpily as she lets out a sigh. "If we did we could at least figure out what their goal is. But, as it stands they have been avoiding us quite well."

"Or simply killing us off." The old coven witch replies with a snarl on her face before shaking her and then standing. "When will we be fighting back, how will we be fighting back?"

"It would be easier if we knew who we were looking for." Marcel responds and plops down on a seat, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Why not just scent them out or something?" Jacob asks with an eyeroll. "It doesn't sound that difficult."

"Except for the fact that they don't leave behind a scent." One of Marcels men says, an eye roll of his own following.

"How is that possible? Everyone, even vampires leave behind scents." Jasper responds curiously, his hand on his chin in thought.

"Witches, magic, you know. The usual stuff." I respond with a hum. "It's not the lack of scent that bugs me, it's the lack of presence at all. That seems to be a running theme with our bad guys doesn't it?"

"Have you been setting up patrols?" My mother asks softly from her spot beside me. "Security cameras, anything?"

——————

After the meeting along with a lot of talk that seemed to just go around in circles. By the end of the meeting half of the room was yelling at each other and if everyone didn't have to sign the whole 'non-killing' each other thing they probably would've been up in arms and quite literally killing each other.

"Why does it feel like we're stuck in a repetitive cycle of finding some shady witches and them deciding to play peek a boo?" I ask as I put my head in my hands. "All we really know is that some are searching for me, cause of the whole force field/power type thing right? But obviously there's more to this stuff then that."