Chapter 31 - Communication

Damon wrapped a bandage around my wrists since I didn't swallow enough of his blood to heal them up completely. I didn't realize how deeply my struggling cut my wrists. My Mom has been fusing over me since we got home as well, nearly dragging me to the hospital in her own worry.

But there's another issue, the feeling of magic that almost seems to flow in my veins remains absent, it almost makes me feel.. empty. It's not a very pleasant feeling to be honest, it's kind of like missing a limb really.

"Maybe we should just take you to the hospital Caroline, just to have them take a look at you and make sure that you're okay?" Mom suggests anxiously as she looks at the bandage wrapped around my wrists with a concerned frown.

I smile sadly at her and shake my head as I look down while feeling a bit uncomfortable with the concern. "It's okay Mom, the drop of blood from Damon helped to stop most of the bleeding."

Liz bites her lip and then lets out a sigh as she wrings her fingers together. "Does it still hurt?"

"A little bit, but it's mostly healed up. I didn't want to have a lot so I figured that a drop or so would be okay.. just.. I just wasn't sure if you were going to drag the other police officers into it you know? To bring Dad and John up on charges."

My mom nods with a frown as she puts her head in her hands. After she lets out a long sad sigh she stands up and walks towards the door. "I don't know why I didn't.. I do need to get back to work though. I'll see you when I get home okay."

Giving her a nod and a hug before she goes out of the door she turns back to Damon, assessing him from the looks of it before nodding at him. "Take care of my daughter Damon. It seems like I'll be seeing you around more often after all."

After mom goes we sit on the couch, he's reading one of the books and my head rests on his arm and partially his lap as I close my eyes lightly. I feel Damon's fingers gently brush through my hair and running lightly down my neck.

Not long after that he puts his book down and raises my chin with one of his fingers and then Damon's mouth lowers towards mine. As his lips descend upon mine I breathe in deeply as the taste of him and then the slight taste of iron enters my mouth while his tongue mingles with mine before he abruptly pulls away, looking at the front door in utter annoyance as a take a shuddering breath.

Shortly after that I can feel my wrists healing up completely now, that was very sneaky of him. Turning my attention towards the door Damon's fingers wrap around my hair for a moment.

"Klaus is here." Damon says flatly as he turns his face from the door to look back at me irritably before whispering loudly. "Maybe he'll just go away if we pretend that he doesn't exist?"

With a chuckle of amusement I get up and make my way towards the door. I look at him on the porch and let out a sigh. Klaus stands by the door patiently, his arms are behind his back and his posture is straight, the look in his eyes however are both mischievous and amused with a hint of his psychoness as his mouth twitches.

"Well love, aren't you going to invite me in?" He asks me with a drawl as I open the door.

Holding back a snort of amusement and a snarky comment I frown as I look behind him and tilt my head curiously "Where is Alaric?"

Klaus' mouth forms into a smirk, his eyes firmly on me as I hear a whoosh behind me and then I feel Damon's hands on my shoulders. It seems that Damon isn't one for showcasing his patience.

"Your friend had an.. errand to run for me." Klaus says with a wide grin on his face.

Raising an eyebrow at him I shake my head and ask him curiously, "Did you hurt him?"