Chapter 12 - The Teacher and The Possessive Friend.

Forbes Residence

It's only been a few days since Bree and I opened the tomb, Damon has been spending a lot of time over at my . .house? It feels both right and wrong to say that.

But I really like Liz. .
She's like a mom, the most momming mom I've ever had as a mom.

I'm sitting on my bed with sketch pad and a hard board underneath it drawing a ledge with a angel on the edge looking up at a cloudy sky.

"You're going to buy me." Damon says as soon as he comes in through my window, I frown and set my sketch over on the little side table.

"Do you mean sell you? Like pimping you out or something?" I ask him with a confused chuckle as I raise an eyebrow at him.

He chuckles and shakes his head as he sits down on the bed beside me "Nope, I meant for the raffle at the Grill tonight."

"O" I say and then frown "Alaric wants me to buy him too. He says he doesn't want any of the creepy older ones doing it or something."

Damon scoffs and rolls his eyes as he wraps his arm around my shoulders pulls me close "of course he says that" he mumbles to himself. I quirk up an eyebrow curiously.

He pouts and then runs his fingers through my hair as he quietly says "you're soo innocent you know, it's both refreshing and terrifying for me."

My eyes scrunch up in confusion as I swat his hand away "I was like 22 years old in my last life Damon."

"And what did you do if any male tried to touch you?"

"Depends, I normally kicked their ass if they didn't want to stop, which is also why I don't go out drinking thank you very much." I tell him with a huff as I pull away and cross my arms over my chest

"Someone attacked you at a party?" He asks pissed as he gets up and starts pacing. "He's lucky you kicked his ass or. ."

"Damon" I say sternly "I came out of it all fine and safe, perhaps a little bruised and even less trusting since I thought the guy was my friend at first but 'tis the way of life."

Damon's lips are pressed in anger but he nods sharply.  

"I would jump Dimensions and in bodies to kill the people that have hurt you. I'm . . Fuck, Caroline I get so pissed at just the thought of someone hurting you." he says venomously as he begins pacing a hole in the floor again.

I get up off my bed and walk over to him slowly, I put my hand on his arm gently. He stops pacing and turns to fully face me.

"It's okay Damon." I tell him gently while looking at him with a frown.

"It's not" He says strongly, looking me in the eyes. I press my lips together and nod.

"It's not." I agree quietly as he engulfs me in a hug.

"I'll give you enough money to buy me and Alaric" Damon says with distaste as he puts his face in my hair.

Pulling away from him but still in his arms I enthusiastically tell him "Great! You and him can go out drinking for the date!"

He snorts and shakes his head as he puts his hands on my shoulders, looks me in the eye.
"No, if I go anywhere with that guy you're coming too. Well, unless I plan to kill him, then you're not coming."

"Don't kill him." I warn Damon sternly.

He raises a challenging eyebrow at me as in the whole 'you don't get to boss my around' type look.

"He'll eventually go crazy if you do, he will be influenced by a witch from the other side and we don't want that. He becomes your best friend and your drinking buddy."