Chapter 20 - Going Away and Matty The Vampy Wampy

The Road

I made sure that after I packed everything that I'd need, money, clothes and hygiene items that I planned on taking, I even waited an extra half an hour before I left.

Maybe I'm being to paranoid in thinking he might still be out there but I just need to get away for awhile and I can't have him trying to kill me or trying to stop me when I do that.

As I get out of Mystic Falls I see Bree's new bar and decide to stop there and give my mom a call for a bit, I don't want to scare her but I need to be away.

It just. . It brought back memories of my father, the times he tried to kill me. He always said that I just wouldn't die. It didn't matter what I did or how I did it, He HATED me.

I open the front door, it's a quarter past 1am right now so they're still busy.

"Caroline!" Bree says excitedly as she runs over to me, Lee turns to look at me curiously. "I didn't expect to see you. Oh My God, your neck. Are you okay sweetie?"

"Katherine came into town. Found out I informed her of something so I thought I may have been lying about everything I have told him." I tell her as she leads me towards a seat and then she gets up with a frown.

She comes back with a flavored beer for me and sits down opposite of me, Lee follows her example quietly.

"Tell me all about it sweetie" Bree says and I swallow thickly, I don't want to, but maybe I need to.
—————————————
Forbes Residence
3rd POV

Damon arrived at Caroline's House that morning to apologize, to apologize a lot. He's pretty sure he scared her and he's sorry, really he is and he's never sorry.

He couldn't stop the feeling that Katherine might have been using him through her and he just lost it.

Because of what happened the night before he figures that going through the window would be a very bad idea. He hesitantly knocks on the front door sheepishly.

Liz answers the door, she got a call a few hours ago from her daughter that she'll be gone for awhile but she won't even tell her where she's at and that's worrying her.

"Oh, Hi Damon." Liz says while bitting her lip "Caroline isn't here, she left sometime last night."

Damon feels worry fill his gut, swallowing thickly he asks "Do you know where she is Liz?"

"No, she called really early this morning from the bar outside of town but she won't tell me where she's headed."

He does his best to stay calm but inside he's freaking out, fuck, fuck, fuck. If something happens to her . . .

"Thank you" Damon says as cordially as he can before he goes to his car. To Bree's new bar he goes then.
————————————————
Hospital
3rd POV

When Matt woke up he was confused, terribly confused. What the hell happened? Did Elena KILL him?

But what game was she talking about? Ugh, how frustrating. What game is on? He is so confused and he hates to be confused.