Chapter 42 - Final Year

With a small sigh I stand in front of Forks High with Becca, Bonnie and Kol beside me. Alaric has already arrived a few hours earlier to get things set up for his class. The meeting with the reservation is supposed to be tonight and tensions are rather high. Some of the Cullens are uncomfortable with us being in one of their uh.. vacation towns.

Or hideaway towns, whatever you want to call it. You would think someone would have noticed that the Cullens are the same exact Cullens from one of the previous years in the towns that they happen to frequent. Doesn't anyones grandparents own a yearbook or something?

But, perhaps the world population in this universe has a lower level of intellect or something. It would explain the stupidity of the Scooby gang and some of the others stupid decisions. But really, who am I to judge? I can be stupid at times too. Then again I'm not a hundred or more years old and should be more intelligent then that or at the very least have more common sense.

It is what it is though.

"Ready darlings?" Kol asks us with a grin as we stand before the doors of the main office for the high school.

Rebecca lets out a drawn out sigh and rolls her eyes. "Undoubtedly, we're just thrilled. Lets get this over with shall we?"

"Yes, please." Me and Bonnie mutter at the same time before chuckling.

"I can't wait to be out of school." Bonnie says quietly from beside me as we walk into the main office to greet the secretary and get our schedules.

After getting our schedules for our classes, which were of course, identical. We were then taken on a tour of the high school, how the school finds it convenient to have like four separate buildings for one high school is beyond me though. But I'm used to high school being in its own building by itself, not one high school being separated into multiple buildings.

Of course, school buildings being separated by say grades Prek-4 and then 5-8 or 9 and then 9-12 or 10-12 I've seen before. But never a high school separated by multiple buildings per what seems to potentially be separated strictly by class, Science, English, ect, ect...

In the film of twilight they at least put the high school into one buildings, aside for the secretary's office for whatever reason anyway. The books however, well, that seems to match more of the odd reality here when it comes to that.

To be fair school was boring. Like, I'm going to just sleep through class type of boring. By the time school got out I was ready to drain my Social Studies teacher though, the only thing stopping me was my sheer will not to have to compel an entire classroom of people and simply wanting to get the fuck out.

With the way Kol looked ready to go into fits of laughter as we walked out of the school I had a fairly good assumption that he knew as much. Add in that we hadn't seen Alaric all day, despite him working at the school to pass time (what's he doing again? Some job anyway.)

"You looked like you were ready to eat him alive darling." Kol says with humor filling his voice as he lets out a hearty chuckle.

"If she's a danger to the people around here we will have to take her out." One of the wolves says in warning as we come to a stop beside our car, I'm surprised I hadn't noticed him beforehand.

Kol snorts, a small amused grin on his face as I raise an eyebrow at the shifter that I can't remember the name of. "Good luck with that darling, not only can she protect herself but she has her own little army of people willing to fight for her."

The shifter sneers, from the looks of it barely holding back a snarl. "We have fought an army of newborn vampires before. I doubt any of you would be much of a challenge."