Chapter 22 - The Event.

Forbes Residence

It was weird waking up without someone there, perhaps I've gotten to comfortable with him?

After I finally get out of bed I see my/her/our mom getting out boxes.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask her curiously.

She smiles at me a bit " The Historical Society Volunteer Picnic is today. You're the one who signed me up."

"Huh" I reply with a shrug, well, whatever I guess.

This should go differently, considering that Damon hasn't antagonized Mason. I don't have vampire badassery to save his ass.

"You don't mind?" Mom/Liz asks hesitantly.

I smile slightly at her, walk over to her and wrap my arms around her for a hug  "no, I'm happy that you'll be there."

She gives me a brief hug back "I'm glad to hear it honey and please, don't disappear on me again."

"I called."

She snorts then and shakes her head, "you're my daughter, I'm going to worry about you if you just disappear."

"But I didn't, I only ran away briefly." I tell her in an upbeat voice.

"Yeah, sure. But you could have gotten hurt or kidnapped and I would have never known about it."

I hug her again "I'm fine mom" I tell her happily. "Let's go!"

She chuckles "I do have to bring my gun though, unfortunately the work never stops." Yes, especially with vampires around.

————————————————
Public Park

When we got to the park for the Historical whatever thingy it was filling up with people, I see Damon, Alaric and Stefan standing by each other chatting about something.

Carol gives her speech, then bam, people scattered everywhere. Me being me, I just climb on top of one of the unused picnic tables and lay on top of it, closing my eyes with a content sigh.

"Uhh, little Forbes?"

"Hmm?" I ask in response as I start to drift to sleep, not even looking to see who it is.

"Why are you laying on the picnic table?"

With a yawn I open my eyes slightly and see Mason looking at me with a raised eyebrow "Hi big wolf, It's a pleasure."

He frowns at me "how do you know about that?"

I sigh, sit up on the table and pat the spot next to me "have a seat"

Cautiously he sits down on top of the table. "What do you know?"

"Honestly? Quite a lot."

"Aren't you going to tell me?" He asks exasperated.

"Nope. But you should let "

"Caroline." I hear Damon's voice say and I turn my head and see him shaking his head.

I roll my eyes in irritation. "That's Damon. He's a brat sometimes."

Damon walks towards us, Alaric following behind him "that other guy is Alaric, history teacher."

"Friends of yours?" Mason asks amused then.

"Eh, perhaps. They can be great friends."

"And other times?"

I shrug as they reach us Damon holds out his hand to Mason "I don't think we've met yet."

Mason sighs and reaches out to shake his hand "I'm Mason Lockwood, the mayor was my brother."