Chapter 23: Ember vs Yue

*3rd Person POV*

The fox girls decided to met up with Team EMBR so that the girls could confess their feelings for them.

Ember: Hey, girls! Over here!

As the girls arrived near Team EMBR, they were blushing... Team EMBR knew something was up but as they were about to speak...

{Port: May all one on one contestants come to the arena immediately.}

The fox girls sigh. Looks like tournament comes first. As everyone arrived and surrounded the arena Port and Oobleck start explaining how the fighting system works. Luna and the other two were at their seats while Yue was fighting since she's the more skilled fighter amongst the four of them.

Natsuki: Something's fishy...

Pisces: Why you all glaring at me for?

Natsuki: Not her guys. Sheesh... I feel like something's off.

Twilight: What do you mean?

Yue: No, I feel it too... Mercury is smili- no... Smirking too much...

Luna: I must agree. I have never seen someone smirk like that just by reaching the finals...

Twilight: I'll go ahead and hack the screen.

Fox Girls/Zodiacs (except Twilight): WHAT?!

Twilight: I love visual media too! And sometimes a bit of hacking.

Twilight pulls out her phone and attempted to hack the screen. She managed to hack the screen in the nick of time but it's not good...

{Port: Ember Flame vs Luna Goodwitch}

Fox Girls (except Yue): Oh no...
Yue: Oh yes...

Ember: Well, looks like it's you and me huh tough girl?

Yue: Seems so. I'd like for you to give me all you've got!

Ember: As long as you give out yours!

Yue: Deal!

The two fighters ready their weapons. Ember unsheathes her blade as Yue unsheathes her katana, Twilight Glaive. The two get into a fighting stance as Port starts counting down.

{Port: 3, 2, 1, GO!}

The two clashed blades making people excited. Beacon students were cheering for Yue and Mistral students cheered for Ember. Ember swings her sword a few times but Yue dodges her attacks. Yue sheathed her weapon and held on the hilt of her sword.

Yue: Aries! Blazing Fire Blade! Slash!

Yue quickly unsheathes her katana into a slash, sending a powerful fire wave at Ember. As it hits Ember, she absorbed the fire and made it her own, surprising Yue.

Ember: Surprised? I can manipulate fire and turn it into my own power.

She raises her hand in front of her as a fireball was sent towards Yue, who dodges it. Yue continued to dodge the fireballs and as one was about to hit her she unsheathes her blade, and swung it upwards, cutting the fireball in half.

Both huntresses have yet to lower their aura to yellow. Yue on 97% while Ember on 96%. The two clashed blades again.

Jaune: Man, Yue is going all out huh?

Coco: Ember's also giving it her all!

Silver: My money's on Yue!

Yang: Ember's gonna win!