Chapter 37: Recruitment Fail

*Somewhere in Anima*

At a shop Yang Xiao Long and Hana Rune are at a counter.

Shopkeeper: Can I get you girls anything?

Yang removes her aviators while Hana just merrily eats her chocolate sweets.

Yang: Water. It's hot out.

Hana: Oh, please let it be cold ones sir.

Shopkeeper: Okay then.

As the shopkeeper leaves, the guy on the end of the counter, Shay D. Mann, makes his presence known.

Shay: Seriously? You're telling me that you're too young to drink? You look like a regular huntress. And a beauty at that. Your friend too.

Yang: No thanks, we're good.

Shay: I'm serious, not too bulky, not too lean, you're --

Yang: Just right... Like I said, I'm good.

Shay: And your friend over here...

Hana gets really uncomfortable as Shay reaches out for her but Yang catches his hand as her eyes turn red. Shay gets surprised and receives a right hook to the jaw, sending him ping-ponging out of the door.

Shopkeeper: These ones are on the house, he was driving me nuts.

Yang reaches out for her drink with her left hand but it shakes. Yang breathes in and out slowly.

Yang: Like Angel said... Breathe... It relaxes your nerves...

She grabs her drink with a steady hand. She and Hana chug down their drink.

Shopkeeper: So, what brings you two around these parts?

Yang finishes her drink and answers the question of shopkeeper.

Yang: I'm looking for someone.

Shopkeeper: Well, there's not many notable people around here. Well, except for --

Yang: Raven Branwen.

A moment of silence passes between them before Yang walks away with Hana following behind her.

Shopkeeper: Now hold on missy! You can't just go find her! Bandits are a real danger!

Yang: So I've heard.

Hana looks at the shopkeeper and bows her head.

Hana: Thank you for the drink!

She then proceeds to leave with Yang. Angel was outside waiting for the two. Shay was unconscious and had the top of his body inside a trash can. His underwear was also noticable but it was stretched. Yang looks at Angel with a "really" face, with Angel replying with a shrug.

Angel's outfit was new. He looks more on a badass royal swordsman.

Hana's new outfit was plain and simple. It somewhat makes her look like a villager but she's definitely not.

Yang gets on her motorcycle as Angel's white wings appeared and Hana summoned her horse.

Shay: *muffled* Hey! You're looking for someone right?!

Yang: *sigh* Seriously..? This guy again?

Shay: *muffled* Look, I can help you out!

Angel looks at Yang as she had an unsure look on her face but nodded.

Yang: Let's bring him with us.