PART 17 | all gender toilet

Kennedy's P

Kennedy's P.O.V

THE SILENCE IS overtaken by the screaming of high school students from North West high.

We won!

I clap and whoop along with Julie, Michelle and our new friend Hayley.

After Hayley introduced herself, we all got talking and laughing.

Apparently she's developed a little crush for Kingston, though she hasn't actually told me. I can just tell.

I was able to read her like I read Sage.

"Let's go down and congratulate them!" Hayley suggests.

Julie protests straight away. And this time stays glued to her seat.

Michelle grabs her arm. "Oh come on Julie, they won the first game of the season, it's only fair if we congratulate them."

Michelle looks from Julie to me, and I look to Hayley.

Julie sits their a little confused on why we're sharing glances.

But we take her by surprise when the three of us grab her and carry her throne style down to the court.

Heath-Side High stomp off, Cleary not taking the loss well.

I look for the boys, though I don't need to look far because their celebrating while running up and down from one hoop to the other, arms waving in the air.

Typical.

We reach the court and set Julie down. Hayley takes Julie's hand and drags her over to the where King, Jersey and Caiden stand.

"Michelle, I'm just going to the toilet, stay on the court till I'm back out?" I ask.

She laughs, "Sure."

I sigh out of relief. At least I'll know where to find them.

Michelle starts walking over to join the boys, leaving me to find my way to the toilet.

Shit.

I don't actually know where the toilet is.

"Mich-" I begin to ask her but she's already on the other side of the court, unable to hear me.

I'll just find it myself. It can't be that hard.

Americans have signs saying 'Ladies Toilet'. Right?

I glance from the entry we came in through and the opposite entry where the boys came in through.

I don't remember seeing a toilet on the way in here, so I guess I'll try the opposite direction.

I walk around the side of the court and down the huge hall.

I check each side of the hall for a sign. Nada.