PART 34 | patience grasshopper

Kennedy's P

Kennedy's P.O.V

"OH, I WANT you," Caiden said. His eyes were filled with a burning desire. No doubt mine were too. My heart beat faster and the butterflys nestled in my stomach raged to life.

Oh boy.

"Say yes," he pressed. "I want to know you. Learn everything about you. I want to share myself with you, I can only do that if you say yes."

Fear mingled with excitment at the thought of what we'd share. Since our first kiss I knew we had something neither of us had ever had before.

Was I ready for this? It's what I've wanted but am I ready for the trust, the love, the longings, the dreams and fears, the kisses and secrets... And maybe even sex?

Was I ready for that?

When I took too long to reply. Caiden pulled out his wallet and threw some money on the table. I watched anxiously and wondered if I'd blown it.

He stood up and held out his hand to me. I looked at it confused. Was this the end of the conversation? Does he not want me anymore?

I tentatively took his hand and he gently pulled me up. He lead me with long strides out the Cafe and back across the road to where our car is.

As soon as we reached it Caiden suddenly turned around and tugged me toward him. I slammed with a gasp up against his hard chest, only to then find myself pressed up against his car.

His chest heaved hard against mine, I could feel the harsh beating of his heart. His eyes were hot and when I didn't say anything or protest being sandwiched between him and the car. He slowly lowered his head.

My breath stuttered and my eyes fluttered closed in anticipation. Then at the soft feathery graze of his lips against mine I curled my fingers into his shirt and clung tight.

It was a passionate and desperate kiss, definitely meant to seduce me into his way of thinking. And it was more than working.

Caiden broke the kiss, his hot breath tickling my mouth as he whispered, "say yes."

I thought about how I felt about him, about how he's made me feel for the days I've been here. I like him, Michelle had been right when I first met her. It was time to finally do something for myself.

"Yes," I whispered back.

The beautiful and entirely sexy grin he then gave me was enough to turn my knees weak. "I almost don't know what to do with you now."

I chuckled and rested my forehead on his chest. "Guess we'll figure it out day by day."

"Yeah."

His arms wrapped tighter around me and his chin rested on my head. We stood there holding one another for a while and it was beautiful in a way I had never experienced before.