PART 28| sweet-filled delight

Kennedy's P

Kennedy's P.O.V

"SO WHAT DOES the Aussie want for lunch?" Caiden asks me as we drive aimlessly around.

I think for a while. Still shaken up from the incident a few minutes ago. Caiden senses this and glances over. "Try not to think about it. I texted Kingston, he's reporting it to the principal as we speak."

I give a small nod. This has happened before. But it's never gone this far. Usually, the teachers would just eye me like candy and linger their fingers on my arms, thighs, and other body parts for a second too long.

"So? Food?" Caiden says, his attention back on the road ahead. "We can't drive in circles all afternoon."

"Yeah I guess not."

"We could go to the food court at the mall?"

I run a hand through my hair. "Do they have marshmallows there?"

Caiden chuckles. "You want marshmallows for lunch?"

"Yes please."

The car stops at a red light and he turns in his seat to give me a lopsided grin. "Then marshmallows it is."

My stomach does a thousand somersaults. I really like his smile. The way it always meets his eyes. And his birthmark, I love his small pearshaped birthmark that rests above his eyebrow. He may not want marshmallows, but the fact that he'll get me something so ridiculous for lunch makes the lions in my chest run wild.

He pulls the car to a stop then effortlessly reverses into a car park right outside the front of the mall.

We head in, his fingers brushing mine as we walk close together.

"Marshmallows aye? Just a crave? or is this what you usually have for lunch back in Australia?"

I look up at him, "Nah it's just a crave."

Then out of the corner of my eye, I see a bright pink Lollie shop, with white and purple pillars standing proud outside. "Marshmallows!!!!" Without another thought, I then grab Caidens hand and drag him into the shop.

Rows of jar filled candy decorate the isles. There's gumballs, jellybeans, M&Ms, basically every type of sweet-filled delight you could imagine.

"Holy-" Caidens eyes widen in amazement. "That's a lot of candy."

"Lollies," I correct him.

He waves a hand, "Yeah whatever. To me its a shit ton of candy."

I go straight to the huge jar of marshmallows and take it off the shelf.
"Kennedy. Are you seriously getting the whole thing."

I smile uncontrollably and bounce a little like a two-year-old. "...Can we?"

He folds his arms and raises the birthmarked eyebrow at me. "Do you know how much that'll cost?"