PART 33 | Qual Point

Caiden's P

Caiden's P.O.V

I WOKE UP groggily. One leg draped over the top of the couch and my hands behind my head. I sit up slowly and look around my living room.

The sunshine is bright and the room is warm. I slept till noon?

"Caiden, finally, can you help with the streamers?" King asked when he noticed me wake up.

I got up and slowly stalked over to the strewn streamers of bright yellows and blues and reds.

"Would it be right to tell Jersey now?" He steps down from the ladder as we pull down the last streamer.

"Tell him what?"

"Dude." He groans. "I swear you only have room for Kennedy in that brain of yours."

I throw the streamer at him. "Just answer the question."

"About Via? The game?"

I sigh. "I was hoping to forget about that."

Kingston folds up the streamers and I lean against the wall rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Jeeeeerrrseyyy!" He shouts at the top of his lungs.

I glare at Kingston. "Couldn't we wait until I'm fully functioning?"

King chuckles. "Now or never."

"GOOOOOOOD AFTERNOON FELLOW FRIENDS!" Sings Jersey as he slides across the floor like someone in a music video.

King and I look at each other with wide eyes. "Did Julie finally bang you?"

Jerseys looks mortified. "As much as I would love that. No she did not."

I run a hand through my locks. "Moving on then...."

Kingston places the nearly folded streamers down and flops onto the couch. "Jersey. Via suspects our game." he said straightforwardly.

His face hardens. "She what?"

King rubs his face. "I dunno man. She said she'd tell the girls when she got to the bottom of it. "

Jersey looks at me for confirmation that Kings not pulling his leg.

I nod. "It's true."

"Shit."

We all look at each other. "What do we do?"

"Should we end it for good?"

***

2 hours later. After the three of us tidied my house. I sent Kennedy a text.
It was Saturday after all and I couldn't stop myself from seeing her.

CAIDEN: where are you rn?

KENNEDY: hitting the waves

CAIDEN: ok coming in ten