Chapter 3

Just over three years had passed since Cal joined the Scrapper's Guild. He had established close knit relationships with both Prauf and Altheeda. They rarely worked apart from each other, either working as a trio or various duos. The group spent their breaks together laughing and chatting, looking after one another.

A more mature Cal and Altheeda were sat together on the train to the scrap yard. They both had grown by a few inches, their voices adjusted with puberty and their hair had grown. The young man's hair was still short but slicked back so it was out of his face, whilst the young woman's hair had grown to a length that passed her upper back and nowadays kept her hair in a half-up do ponytail. As they sat together, he was listening to his headphones, watching her analyse a projection that was emitted from the disc on her lap, depicting various parts, devices and ships. Occasionally, he would chime in and ask her about them.

When the train reached its last stop, they gathered their belongings and walked to the hub. To their surprise, they were not greeted by Prauf, but a handful of foreman droids. Cal became rather tense, earning him a concerned glance from Altheeda as she squeezed the handle of her toolbox.

"Where's Prauf?" She asked in a low tone.

"There is an urgent matter to attend to, please report immediately to line 6-B to perform a foreign object disposal." One of the foreman droids announced.

"Foreign object disposal?" Cal repeated.

"There is an urgent mat-"

"Yes, we'll sort it!" Altheeda shot back.

She took his wrist and lead him away from the foreman droids, beginning to climb up the various levels of scrap to get to 6-B.

"Sorry about that, I didn't want to hear the whole thing again." She looked down upon him as he climbed behind her.

"I didn't want to hear it either." He chuckled, relaxing after the droid encounter. "But, why is this foreign object disposal so important?'"

"I have no idea."

He nodded.

"It's not like Prauf to not meet us."

"Yeah." She agreed. "I wonder if he's alright."

"I'm sure he's fine."

Altheeda looked up at the platform they needed to reach, knowing she was too small to reach it without a boost.

"I need a hand." She asked, her head still tilted upwards, examining the height.

"Don't worry, just run towards me, jump and I'll lift you so you can grab the edge."

She shrugged the straps on her toolbox over her shoulders, wearing it like a backpack, then took a few steps back to get a running start and sped towards him, bending her knees and springing herself into the air. His arms caught her hips and his upper body strength propelled her to the edge of the platform. She dangled for a while, adjusting her grip to hoist herself up. Lying on her front, she had one hand on the platform and the other for Cal to reach as she leant off the metal. Cal too, did a run before he jumped up. Altheeda grunted at the effort of pulling him up and watched him use his feet to walk against the metal up to the edge.

Once they had both gotten up and neatened themselves, they looked at the end of the platform and noticed Prauf gesturing to a wrecked ship in deep conversation with two foreman droids.

"Prauf!" Cal called over to him.

Altheeda joined in and strode towards the Abednedo male, in suit with her fellow red-head companion. Prauf began to jog towards them with a solemn expression and quickly addressed the young woman approaching him.