Chapter 15

The redheaded Jedi awoke from his mediocre sleep. He still felt the tiredness weighing him down, but nevertheless, he knew he had to continue on. BD-1 had noticed him stir and sit up so he beeped a 'good morning' greeting at him.

"Morning." He spoke groggily.

The little bot clambered onto his shoulder and he smiled down at it. Deciding to make his way to the lounge area, he went at a leisurely pace down the corridor and the doors parted to reveal if someone had woken up before him and he instantly spotted Cere and Greez in conversation. Their heads turned to Cal's direction and they smiled at him.

"Cal, how are you doing?"

"Alright." He shrugged. "And you?"

"I'm okay."

"Is the other kid still asleep?" Greez questioned.

"I assume she is if she's not here." Cal replied.

"Are you heading out soon?" Cere asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I guess so."

"Before you go I just want to talk with you for a moment."

"Sure."

"I just wanted to commend you on the good work you did on Bogano." Cere began.

He quickly flashed a smile at this, enjoying the feeling of being praised for his efforts.

"The more information we collect on Cordova and the Zeffo, the closer we'll become to stopping the Empire."

"I've heard of ancient cultures but I don't know much about them." Cal shared his thoughts with the former Jedi woman.

"I only know that Cordova was obsessed with the Zeffo and that he believed that their teachings were important. There's a lot to learn here."

The redhead nodded, he glanced at Cere and her latero friend; thinking about their ties together. They never really spoke about how they came to befriend each other and become the duo they were today, but he could imagine the struggles they helped each other overcome.

"I can see it's not been easy for you both... I bet you've gone through a lot."

Greez had a solemn look on his face whilst Cere took it upon herself to give a reply.

"It hasn't been easy; but I just think of the people who believed in me at one point. If I give up on myself then I'd be giving up on them. I'm sure you've had people like that; take Altheeda for instance."

"She's always been looking out for me." He smiled, his eyes shining at the thought of her. "We also had Prauf... a friend on Bracca." He then grew sad at the memory of his old friend.

"She told me about him yesterday. From what I heard he seemed like a kind man." Cere sympathised. "He's greatly missed by you both."

He lowered his head, dwelling on the times they had together.

"Prauf believed in you. Altheeda believes in you. A lot of people depend on you, even if they don't know it yet. Keep going, Cal, for them; for everyone."

Cal gave her a grateful smile. He began to feel quite secure around Cere and Greez yet he found it surprising that all this encouragement was coming from them after spending two days with each other. The lounge doors opened and Altheeda stepped forward, toolbox in hand as expected.

"Oh, morning everyone." She chirped.

"Good morning, Altheeda." Cere responded kindly.

"Did you sleep well?" Cal asked with a smile.