Chapter 6

The room itself had a lot of character, customised with a small, worn out sofa, various storage units for many discs she possessed, filled with archives on different ships and parts. Her kitchen space was fairly tidy, with the odd used cup scattered across the counter. 

"I don't think you've actually been in here properly." She stated, popping her toolbox on the floor next to the sofa.

"Prauf's going to be wondering when I'm getting back."

"He'll figure it out."

She wandered over to the kitchen area, pulling two fresh cups from a cupboard and pressing various buttons on a tea dispenser. He stepped over to her, leaned over her shoulder and gently pried the two cups from her delicate hands.

"I've got it."

She nodded and went over to the sofa once again to sit down. Once the tea was filled to the brim of each cup, he brought them over with great care.  He adjusted his legs to sitting cross-legged with his fellow red-headed friend.

"Hope it tastes alright for you." She spoke as he handed her a steaming cup.

"I'm sure it will be nice." He replied enthusiastically.

"Good." She smiled as she cradled her injured arm.

"How's the arm?"

"It's still sore." She mumbled. "I'm such an idiot."

"You're bound to get injured at some point, it's part of the job."

"Yeah..."

Altheeda paused, letting the white noise dominate the atmosphere Her focus was on the kettle, the  steam that swayed around the cup, dancing upwards into a fade. It brought her some tranquility after the manic day she had. She looked at him and gave him a sincere smile.

"I'm glad you're here actually. You were right, I probably would have struggled."

"I'm happy I could help."

"I'm just worried about the pay you'll be missing, that's all."

"Like I told you, Altheeda; I don't care about that." He spoke gently. "It's really not anything to be concerned about."

"Is there something I can do to thank you?"

"You're saving me a walk back, so you're already thanking me. But you didn't have to do that, so for that, I thank you."

She giggled once again, pulling her knees towards her chest.

"At this rate, we'll be thanking each other all night."

He laughed along with her.

"It's nice to know someone's grateful for what you do for them."

"Likewise."

Cal began to laugh once again and it became contagious to her, as she began to chuckle with him once again.

"Why are you laughing?" She spoke in between her laughter.

"Because we just keep thanking each other back and forth."

She grinned behind the rim of her cup and took a tentative sip of her drink. Cal followed in suit and took a small taste of it and smiled contently.

"Nice?"

"It's good, I like it." He nodded.

She gave him a warm smile and took another drink from her cup. Cal smoothed his thumb over the rim of his, deep in his thoughts for a while.

"Do you miss Naboo?" He asked in a hushed tone.

"Sometimes." She confessed. "I miss the scenery; other than that I have no other reason for wanting to go back."