Chapter 17

When the pair of redheads entered the lounge area, side by side, BD-1 scuttled off the dashboard in the cockpit, where Cere and Greez sat, beginning to approach them. Awkward eye contact was exchanged between Altheeda, Cere and Greez until the redheaded girl diverted her attention to BD-1. The bot greeted Altheeda after not seeing her for the entire day. She knelt down to him and noticed something slightly different about the little robot.

"Someone's freshened up your scomp link, BD-1."

He did a happy twirl and Cal let out a soft chuckle as he walked ahead.

"That would be me."

"Did you have fun out there, mate?" She asked as she took her seat in the cockpit.

BD-1 robotically chirped in a content manner and Altheeda laughed at the answer. When everyone was sat in their seats, Greez decided to open the conversation;

"You did some nice work out there, kid. Tell me that this visit wasn't for nothin'"

"I found the tomb of a Zeffo Sage." Cal announced as he swivelled playfully on his chair. "They definitely used the Force."

Altheeda listened to their words, propping her head up with her hand and her elbow resting on the arm of the chair.

"An advanced civilisation of Force users who mysteriously vanished... It's no wonder Master Cordova became so obsessed. Did you find anything else?" Cere asked aloud.

"Before their disappearance, the Zeffo journeyed to the planet Kashyyyk."

"Oh..." Greez sighed.

"Cordova knew a Wookiee named Tarfful, maybe we can go and find him?" He proposed to the latero male.

"L-look, things are real bad down in Kashyyyk. T-The Empire's muscling in on those Wookiees big time."

"Then we've got to put up a good fight." Cal smirked, giving Greez a light fist bump on his upper arm.

"It must be done, Greez." Cere explained. "We know the risks."

"What Cal is asking is too high of a risk. I aint sure about it."

"So, what do you suppose we do? If you're that worried why don't you go with him?" Cere smirked as Cal stifled a laugh.

"I'm not leaving this pilot's seat you hear me?" Greez then looked over to Altheeda, who had just begun to zone out. "If you want someone to go with the kid then take the other; take Altheeda."

"Huh?"

"No."

"Yeah!"

Altheeda, Cere and Cal all spoke at once; their eyes darting from one person to the other.

"She's not going, Greez." Cere argued.

"Going where?" Altheeda asked with a puzzled expression.

"To Kashyyyk; with me." Cal replied, going quiet during the last section of the sentence.

"Uh, I don't know..."

"C'mon – it's a great idea! It's my idea!" He gestured to Altheeda, growing enthusiastic about his sudden thought. "You even said, Altheeda, that you needed parts to upgrade the Stinger Mantis."

"Is this your idea of getting back at me?" Altheeda scowled.

"This is your chance. Whilst Cal is doing his Jedi stuff you can scavenge for parts. It's perfect, don't ya think, Cere?"

Everyone turned to Cere, awaiting her final verdict on the proposal. Her eyes were lowered as she mulled on her thoughts. The tension was thick in the air, they all stared at Cere in a pleading manner but for different reasons. She then looked up and smirked at them all.