Chapter 20

As quickly as they had begun walking, Altheeda paused in her tracks and turned back briefly before addressing Cal.

"Where are we going?"

"I spotted something whilst we were walking with Saw." He explained.

"What was it?"

"I'm going to show you." He grinned, taking her hand and leading them into a jog as BD-1 beeped with glee.

She allowed him to lead her to where he wanted to go, her hair tangling itself with the wind. He slowed to a corner in the cliff that surrounded them and were presented with a chest that had been left unattended, but it was unknown to her for how long.

"We shouldn't mess with things that aren't ours." She lightly reprimanded.

"I don't think it belongs to anybody - it'd be closer to their supplies." He explained. "I've found similar boxes on Zeffo and Bogano. They're just abandoned."

She gave a light hum to his statement and studied the chest with great care.

"How do we open it then?" Altheeda eyed it curiously.

"BD-1?" Cal moved his attention to his shoulder. "You know what to do, buddy."

The droid gave a whistle and hopped off of Cal, scuttling towards the box and using his scomp link to make the lid pop upwards. He then jumped inside and rattled the box, Altheeda stepped back and gave a chuckle at the scene. Bd-1 then poked his head out the box and sprung out, allowing them access to what was inside. It was revealed to be what looked to be a pile of fabric at first, but under close inspection carried out by Cal, it folded out into a dark green poncho.

"That's pretty handy." She commented.

"It's all yours." Cal smiled, gesturing it to her.

"No, you found it."

"There's more I can pick up – I've just left them in the boxes."

"How come you never took them then?"

"I was preoccupied with the whole Jedi order thing I've got going on right now." He quipped.

The corners of her lips turned and she gave a light snort at his sentence. She then stretched out a hand to take it.

"Thank you, Cal." She spoke kindly.

He watched and she folded it neatly and draped it over her arm to prevent it getting dirty. The silence amplified what he had been sensing off Altheeda after her talk with Saw. He could tell she thought she was hiding it well, she could fool Cere and Greez, but not a Jedi. She was concerned, which therefore; concerned him.

"Now, are you going to tell me what's wrong?" He asked softly, taking a step towards her.

"There's nothing wrong." She responded too quickly.

"You can't hide it from me, Theeda. Saw told you something that's thrown you off. When I connect with the Force it can make me aware of these things." Cal explained with great sensitivity towards the subject.

"Have you always been able to do that?"

"Yeah, since I was a child."

"I just always thought you were a good guesser." She spoke quietly.

"What did Saw tell you?" He gently pressed, reverting back from her attempted change of subject.

"I'm surprised the Force hasn't told you." She retorted with her arms across her chest.