Chapter Two: A New Friend

"Mummy, can you tell me more about this school?" Laura asked her mother in the car. The Jones family were driving to the train station to drop Laura off.

"Oh no! I don't want to ruin all the things that you'll discover in the school." Laura's mother replied smiling.

"Yes, your mother is right." Mr. Jones agreed. "You shouldn't ask mummy everything, go explore Robinson Hills yourself, dear!"

Beep! The car braked suddenly.

"Here we are sweethearts!" Mr. Jones said, as he parked his car at the noisy train station.

"Yay! Finally!" Laura cried excitedly.

"Okay Laura, go take down your bags," Mrs. Jones said, opening the car boot. "And I will get a trolley."

While Laura was taking out her bags, then she spotted a girl standing in the middle of the station, looking quite lost. The girl was very pretty indeed, she had blonde bouncy curls and two big emerald eyes.

Laura went over to the girl. "Hello! I'm Laura Jones, I'm in the first form." Laura said merrily as she introduced herself.

"Hi, I'm Bridget Watsons and I'm in the first form too." Bridget said, blushing.

"Then, why not come with me?" Laura asked, smiling at Bridget. " I love your eyes."

"Thank you, I will tag along with you," Bridget replied, looking more happier.

"Laura! How long are you going to take to get your suitcase out of the car?!" Laura's mother cried.

"Oh no, sorry! Coming!" Laura replied, rushing back to her parents.

Laura took her suitcase out of the car and hugged her parents goodbye while Bridget bade her parents goodbye too.

Together, Laura Jones and Bridget Watsons boarded the train together.

"Goodbye Laura! Remember to write to me every week!" Laura's dad said. "If you don't, I will never write to you again!"

Laura laughed as her mother put a hand on her husband's shoulder. "Don't mind your dad, Laura. We will miss you!"

Laura and Bridget waved at their parents until they were out of sight.

Their long journey to Robinson Hills had begun. And as Laura and Bridget were talking on the train, they soon became fast friends.