Chapter seven: The Ripped Page

Ring!!!

It was time for Laura's history class.

Bridget and Laura tidied up their table and got ready to go to their class which was on the second floor of the west wing.

Behind them, Petunia was surrounded by a group of girls.They were whispering about something.

Petunia said something then looked back at Bridget with a smirk on her face. The other girls laughed meanly.

"Don't you dare-" Laura started.

"Come on Laura, let's go." Bridget interrupted her.

She gripped Laura's hand and pulled her out of the classroom.

"But-" Laura insisted.

"No, it's okay." Bridget said. "I don't care."

But as the girls walked down the red carpeted stairs, Laura could see that deep down Bridget did care.

The second floor corridor was crowded with people.

"Let me through!"

"Get out of my way!"

shouted the upper formers who were at times very bossy.

Behind Laura and Bridget, who were at the foot of the stairs, came two familiar people.

"Lily! Cora!" Bridget squealed.

"Hi!" said Cora. "How was your French class?"

Bridget looked down at her feet.

"Don't ask," Laura whispered. "It's not Bridget's best day."

"Oh."

"Hey!" shouted a high pitched voice. "Get a move on! Don't just stand there!"

"Opps!"

The four friends were blocking everyone from getting down the staircase.

"Bye!"

Bridget and Laura hurried off to their history class.

"This must be it," said Laura, looking at the sign hanging on the class's door.

First Form:

History Class 2

They stepped inside the lightly lit classroom.

This classroom seemed to welcome them in with glitter like particles floating around.

"Phew!" sighed Bridget in relief. "We're just in time!"

They sat themselves down at the tables near the windows overlooking the majestic garden outside.

"Oh my!" exclaimed Bridget. "The gardens are simply beautiful!"

"Ha!" said a snide voice. "Those gardens are nothing compared to mine at home."

Bridget and Laura turned around in shock.

What an awful thing to say!

They came face-to-face with a girl with golden hair in a tight ponytail and a pointed nose.

"My family has the best-looking garden in town!" she boasted.

Laura was about to retort back when Bridget stopped her.

"Leave her to her business," Bridget said. "Don't mind her."

More students were filling up the class now. Lots of them were looking longingly at the most sought for window seats.

"Lucky we got here first!"Laura whispered to Bridget.

The door creaked open.

"Shh! The mistress is here!"

In came Miss Hannah.

Miss Hannah had long, straight, black hair and lovely brown eyes.

"Good morning, class!" She greeted everyone cheerily.

"Good morning, Miss Hannah!" The class replied.

Most students in the class were a little tense when Miss Hannah is around, for she is their form teacher after all.

"I am Miss Hannah, which some of you may know. And I am going to teach history today."

"Now, without further delay, please turn your history textbooks to page 35, about the history of Robinson Hill's fairies.

"Ohh..fairies."

"Robinson Hill's fairies!"

"Cool!"

"What is it about?"

The class was filled with excited whispers

"Flip to the page to find out." said the teacher.

There was a shock among the students.

"Huh?!"

"There is no page 35!"

"Where is it?"

"My page looks like it's ripped!"

"I don't have page 35!"

"Girls, girls, calm down." Miss Hannah tried to restore order back to her class. "Now tell me, what's going on?"

"We don't have page 35!" piped up Laura. "We only have pages 34 and 38!"

"Really? All of you don't? Well, then turn to page 24 the Secrets of the School."

"But Miss Hannah! What are fairies doing in Robinson Hill?" said a girl.

"Well, it started long ago when Robinson Hills was inhabited by fairies. This school was originally a fairy castle!"

"Wow!"

"Yes, the fairies grew flowers of every colour in the garden and made the castle very beautiful indeed." said the teacher.

"What happened to them?"

"They disappeared."