Chapter Nine The Class Clown

It was the last class of the day for Lily, Cora and Laura. ( And Bridget too if she was there.)

It was time for their latin dance class.

"Wait, where is the dance studio again?" Laura asked. She was getting a bit dizzy after all that had happened before in art class. All she could think of was "Is Bridget okay?"

"That is the fifth time you have asked us that!" exclaimed Cora. "What's on your mind?"

"I'm just worried about Bridget."

"Oh. Anyway, the dance studio is just around the corner here." said Cora. "I'm sure Bridget will be okay." she added.

Miss Athalie's

Dance Studio

"This must be it."

Miss Athalie was already inside the studio waiting for them.

Miss Athalie was a beautiful young lady, she had long black hair in a ponytail that always seemed to shine under the light.

"Hi, I'm Miss Athalie," she introduced herself with a smile so big that they could see her all sparkling white teeth. "As you know, I'm going to teach you all latin dancing."

"Hello Miss Athalie." Laura, Cora and Lily said cheerfully.

The three girls looked around, everyone was already here.

"Thank goodness Petunia isn't here." thought Laura to herself.

"Well, gather up everyone. And please raise your hand and say 'yes' when I call your name." Miss Athalie instructed.

Miss Athalie began marking the attendances.

"Carina Lee?"

"Yes, Miss."

"Lucy Whittington?"

"Yes."

"Emily Turner?"

"Yes."

"Cora Lim?"

"Yes, Miss."

"Bridget Watsons?"

There was no reply.

"She was sent to the sickbay, Miss." said Lily.

Laura's tummy lurched again. Was Bridget going to be alright?

"Yes, thank you." said Miss Athalie.

She continued marking the attendances.

"Laura Jones?"

"Yes."

"Lily Anderson?"

"Yes."

"Beth Mc.Creevey?"

"She is our form's class clown, remember?" Lily whispered to Laura.

"Beth Mc.Creevey?"

"No, Miss" Beth replied cheekily.

"I will not receive any of your cheek today Beth!" Shouted the mistress.

Beth cupped her hands over her ears as if she couldn't hear.

The class burst into fits of giggles.

"Pardon?" She asked politely.

"Miss Athalie said she will not receive any of your cheek today!" Shouted the girl beside Beth.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Miss," said Beth. "I do not have any chicks in my house but I do have a dog!"

The class was bursting with laughter.

For a moment, Laura forgot all of her worries while she was laughing away.

"You naughty girl!" screamed the angry mistress. "I said cheek, not chick!"

The girls couldn't stop laughing.

Beth looked inquiringly at her classmates, as if she hadn't heard anything.

This time the whole class responded.

"Miss Athalie said cheek, not chick!" They screamed.

"Oh, cheek," said Beth. "Well, will you receive any of my cheek tomorrow?" She asked cheekily.

"Yes," said the dancing mistress. "Because you don't have any latin dance classes tomorrow! Ha! So there!" Said Miss Athalie with a triumphant smile, pleased to outwit the naughty girl.

But Miss Athalie was in for a shock.

"No, we do have classes tomorrow!" shouted Beth, who strangely now was able to hear what Miss Athalie had said. "It's Friday tomorrow! Ha! So there!"

Poor Miss Athalie, her face the picture of shock. She must have thought today was Friday, and she literally asked Beth to play a trick on her tomorrow! " Learn a latin dance due the following week!" said Miss Athalie as she stomped out of the class.

"The class burst into fits of laughter.

Ring!!

It was the end of class.

"Oh, seriously," exclaimed Miss Athalie, throwing up her hands. "You have wasted my time!" She shouted to Beth.

And with that, she stormed out of the class.

"Good show, Beth!"

"Oh my, my tummy hurts so much from laughing!"

"What prank are you going to play on Miss Athalie tomorrow?"

Beth motioned for everyone to come and gather around her.

"Listen everyone," she started. "I've got some special face paint here.Here is what we've got to do tomorrow." she whispered a plan to all of them. Her little black eyes glinted with mischief.