Chapter Eleven: A discovery and A Surprise

"Where is it ?"

"I thought it was meant to be here!"

Laura, Lily and Cora spent hours in the library looking for the history textbook, they were very curious about the history of fairies, and wanted to learn more.

Soon it was dinner time, "Oh no, we haven't finished looking for the history textbook !" cried Laura.

" I have a good idea, why don't we go snooping in the library at midnight ?" said Lily.

" Dare we?" asked Cora. "Sure, I would love a night in the library !" exclaimed Laura.

"So it's set, at twelve o'clock sharp me and Cora will come to your room, is that okay with everyone ?"

"Yes !"chorused Laura and Cora.

" We better go back and change, it's already dinner time !"Laura cried.

Laura, Lily and Cora ran to the dining hall as fast as they could.

"Hey you! " said a prefect. "You girls are late, if you girls are late one more time I'll have to tell the principal, now run along."

"Wow that was a close call," said Cora. "Yes, let's eat faster, because the bedtime bell is going to ring in twenty minutes." replied Lily.

So they did. Soon, it was bedtime, Laura, Lily and Cora went to their rooms. They were all very eager to find the history textbook.

Laura was in her room writing a letter to her mum while waiting for Lily and Cora to come.

Dear Mum,

I'm so sorry that my handwriting is a mess. How are things at home?

I'm doing great here, I have two new friends called Lily Anderson and Cora Crossby. Bridget, you know, the girl at the train platform? Yeah, she is now my best friend.

But there are some downs too. Petunia, one of the mean girls, bullied Bridget and pushed her so hard she fell down and fainted. She is now sickbay.

Laura paused. Should she tell her mum that Petunia bullied her too? Never mind, her mum would worry too much.

She continued writing.

Please don't worry about me, mum. This school is amazing! Believe it or not, flowers grow inside the school! It's like a castle!

Bye for now, you better reply soon or I'll never write to you! (Just kidding!) Bye:)

Lots of Love,

Laura.

P.S The girls are planning to play a prank on Miss Athalie! Tell you about that later!

Knock , knock

"Psst!" called Cora." Laura, come on, open up, it's us"

"Coming ," whispered Laura, as she put on a coat.

"Ok, I'm ready," said Laura as she opened the door.

So the three girls tip- toed the library.

Meanwhile, Laura, Cora and Lily were in the library surfing the history textbooks shelves.

"Oh, I found it!"cried Laura, taking a book from a shelf.

"Wow, good job" said Lily

"Come on let's go read the book"said Cora,