Chapter Eight: The Wrath of Petunia

The next class was art with Miss Grace.

And now the four friends were all in the same class.

"Hi, Lily, hi, Cora!" Bridget said. "Today at history class Miss Hannah asked us to turn our textbooks page 35 and everybody's page 35 was ripped out!"

"Yeah, and did you guys know that this school was once a fairy castle!" piped in Laura.

"Wow!" exclaimed Cora.

"Yesterday I overheard the third formers talking ,they said that the library has copies of Robinson Hill's textbook."said Lily thoughtfully.

"Great idea, we'll check the library out later." said Laura, "Gosh, look at the time, we better walk faster or we will be late for art class.

So they did, they went across the grand dining hall to their art class.

After a few minutes of walking, they finally reached the first forms' art class.

"Hi girls,"said Miss Grace, their art teacher who was standing by the door, welcoming students in.

Miss Grace had short dark brown hair cut in a bob, and two round, brown eyes behind her colourful glasses.

"Hi, Miss Grace" the students replied in unison before walking inside the class.

The art class' walls were painted all the shades of the rainbow. Outside, on the windowsills, were colourful flowers. Sparkly glitter was dusted on the walls too.

"The glitter is probably fairy dust!" Bridget whispered to Laura excitedly.

Lily and Cora took their places at the back of the class while Laura and Bridget sat behind them.

"Okay, today we are going to draw a scenery of a beach. I drawed some samples for you to get ideas from. The top five drawings that are the most beautiful will get their drawings displayed in the art gallery."said Miss Grace.

There was an art gallery in the school where art teachers displayed their students' best work. So the girls set to work, trying their best.

Laura drew a beautiful sunset by the beach, Bridget drew a lovely palm tree by the seashore and Petunia, who sat next to them, drew colourful seashells lying in the golden sand.

Petunia had a smug look on her face, positive that her artwork was the best.

"Okay, time's up," Miss Grace said, taking all the girl's drawings and examining them carefully.

There were a lot of "hmms and ahhs" from the art mistress as she took in the scenery that the girls had painted.

The girls were amused by Miss Grace's artistic behavior.

After more "mmm's and ahh's" the mistress finally made her choice.

"Okay, I have made my decision ,some of you did well and some of you did terribly bad.

The four pupils that did the best were Alice Keene, Bridget Watsons, Emily Turner and Cora Lim." Miss Grace said happily.

Petunia couldn't take it any longer. Why, oh, why does Bridget Watsons always get the fame and the admiration of the teachers?

She pushed Bridget really hard and Bridget fell off her chair.

"Ahhh!" she screamed before her head hit the floor and fainted.

A shock went among the students.

"Miss Grace!" Cried Laura, panicking.

"Bridget is really hurt, Petunia pushed her so hard she fainted!"

Lily and Cora were already running out of the class to call nurse Alice.

And Miss Grace was comforting Laura who was panicking badly for her friend.

Laura was glaring angrily at Petunia, her eyes filled with anger at Petunia.

Petunia shrugged like she didn't care. But deep inside she did care.

As she looked around the class, all the girls were staring angrily at her, even her best friends.

The girls there could be spiteful, spoilt and mean, but deep down they cared about Bridget. Bridget had always been nice to them though they weren't really nice.

Petunia didn't intend for this to happen! She just wanted to push Bridget off her chair to embarrass her, not to make her faint!

Nurse Alice soon came and Bridget was in the sickbay in no time. And Miss Grace soon dismissed the girls.

Laura's head was filled with worry. Was Bridget going to be okay?