But I met a happy couple so I'm fine. [13]

Did I spend my whole day in bed? Yup. Though it was pretty boring, it was what my body needed. I sat up on the futon, looking around, feeling groggy from the number of hours I slept. I slowly got on my feet, my calf ached. I looked at the bandages, making sure there wasn't any bleeding.

I made my way to the door, slowly sliding it open. I looked around before closing the door behind me. The hallway was empty. I walked down the hallway, pressing my hand against the wall. I found myself at a storefront. "So, this is the candy store Abarai-Kun stayed in..." I walked over to the edge of the floor and sat down.

I looked around. It was a simple setup. Items were on racks. Most were candy I have never heard of. The place was quiet and peaceful. From the amount of dust on the racks, I could tell not many customers come in, but they frequently clean the place. The front door slides open, revealing Rukia.

She noticed my presence. She closed the door and walked over to me, "Um," she eyed me for a second before her gaze settled on my bandaged leg, "What happened?" she asked, her purple eyes going onto my brown ones. Huh, I guess purple eyes are common here.

"A Hollow attacked me last night," I said, trying not to make a big deal out of it. Though her reaction said otherwise. Her eyes widened, and she looked down with a thoughtful look. "Is Kisuke in?" she asked.

I shrugged and shouted, "Kisuke-San!" after a second, I heard footsteps.

A head peeked out of the wall, "Oh, Kuchiki-San!" he said, "I'll be right back," and there he went. I looked over to Rukia. She had black hair with several strands in between her eyes. She was surprisingly shorter than me. She looked 5 or 4 centimetres shorter.

"So," I muttered, "You're my classmate, right? I noticed you a few times," I fiddled with my fingers, looking away from her. She was... cute. Stop it, she has a boyfriend which is Abarai-Kun!

She nodded, "I've seen you with Orihime and Ichigo a few times."

"Yeah..." I answered. We were silent for a moment.

"Did Aizen tell you anything?" she suddenly spoke.

I froze for a second, "Like something important?" I paused, recalling my memories. Most of my memories with him were of him checking up on me and me assisting him recently. I shook my head, "He didn't say anything to me." I looked at Rukia, "Sorry..."

"No," she shook her head, "It's alright," she always had this stern look. Her purple eyes looked like they were full of thoughts. I stared at her for a moment. My eyes widened when I remembered something Renji told me. Hogyoku. I looked away from her, my eyebrow furrowed.

I heard footsteps, expecting Kisuke to be back. "Rukia!" I looked and noticed Renji. "Renji!" Rukia answered. He came up to her with a grin, "So--" "Where were you?!" Rukia interrupted him, passing him a slap. I held in a laugh.

"Ow!" he cried out, rubbing the side of his face, "I was taking care of this kid," he pointed at me, "She was poisoned by the Hollow. I was worried she wasn't going to make it." Rukia looked over at me and her features softened. Renji stood beside her, and I noticed their height difference.

They were half each other's height. It was... super cute. I smiled. They looked so cute together.

Rukia sighed, "I heard about yesterday," she said, "I'm glad you're fine."

Renji smirked, "Were you worried about me?"

Her cheeks tinted with pink, "N-No, I wasn't! I am very aware you can take care of yourself," she huffed, crossing her arms.

"Awww, Rukia," he ruffled her hair.

"S-Shut up!" Rukia looked away from the red hair. Renji laughed, his arm around Rukia. He kissed the top of her head, patting it after.

I looked behind me, seeing Kisuke hiding behind the wall. His face hiding behind his fan. He looked over at me and gave me a wink. I looked at the couple in front of me, we were both enjoying the show.

If I wanted to be in a relationship, I wanted it to be just like theirs.

"Well," Kisuke came out from behind the wall, "You two are enjoying each other," a wide grin behind the white fan he held. I hid my grin behind the sleeve of my grey hoodie. The two of them blushed. Renji swept his hand away from Rukia, dusting off his floral t-shirt. "Here you go, Kuchiki-San," Kisuke handed Rukia a well-packed package.

Rukia thanked the blond and turned around, heading towards the door. Dragging Renji along with her. I watched them leave. I looked at Kisuke, "So, you're the shopkeeper here?" I asked him.

"Yup," he answered, snapping his fan shut.

I got onto my feet, "Can I go home now?" I asked him.

"Not just yet. I'll have to give you something to protect yourself," he informed me. He gestured for me to follow him, so I did. He led me into a room which had a round table in the centre and blue cushions around it. He gestured for me to sit down, "Stay here. I need to fetch something."

I sat down on the comfortable blue cushion. I rested my elbow on the table and my hand on my face. I tapped my fingers on the wooden table. Isn't there any staff here? Is he the only one working here? I noticed a cup near my fingers. I narrowed my eyes, this wasn't here before.

I looked to my side. I jumped out of my skin, seeing such a large muscular figure. When did he come in? I looked at the cup by my hand. Steam was flowing out of the cup. I slowly took it into my hands, noticing piping hot green tea in it. I took a sip. I felt like I was shimmering. It tasted good. Hell, it tasted perfect. "This taste wonderful," I said, looking over at the figure.

He froze for a moment before I noticed he was sobbing. "I'm-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you," I placed the cup down and place my hand on his shoulder, which was pretty high. He may be sitting, but he was pretty tall. I could guess he was 200 centimetres. I patted and rubbed his shoulder in a comforting manner.