I didn't know [35]

It was Sunday. I was walking around town. My mind still lingering about yesterday. I smiled at the memory.  I looked over to my hand. I was holding a paper bag full of groceries. I headed back to my apartment.

I opened the door, "I'm back!" I announced. I closed the door behind me. Silence. Renji wasn't at home. I sighed, heading to the kitchen to place the groceries on the counter. I took out the items in the bag and started placing it in the refrigerator and the shelves.

I tapped my foot, tilting my head to the side. Maybe I should make something. I sighed, But what? I walked around the house aimlessly. Until I decided to go out again. I grabbed the key and went out. I stopped at the door, looking down to my outfit. It was a yellow round neck sundress with a puffy shoulder.

It was definitely something Rangiku bought for me.

I walked around, unsure where I should go. Though, my senses were showing me directions. Was I sensing someone's Reiatsu? But who? I just followed the direction and found myself standing in rows of warehouses. But I stood in front of a particular one.

I tilted my head to the side, wondering why my senses lead me here. I walked to the entrance. Only to be stopped by some kind of invisible barrier. I took a few steps back, blinking. I rubbed my nose, "Ow." I put my hand out, feeling the barrier.

Soon enough, I saw a giant orange wall surrounding the warehouse. I tried forcing my way in. But I was pushed back. "Huh, Kisuke wasn't lying," I muttered, placing my hand on the wall. I placed my two fingers together on the wall. Hope this works.

I separate my fingers. It created a small opening. Big enough for me to go through. I raised my brows, "My powers do work wonders." I looked around before entering. The wall closed behind me. I walked into the warehouse. I looked around. It was half demolished, iron wires were sticking out of the broken concrete.

Though, my senses were detecting an awful lot of Reiatsu.

I found stairs leading somewhere. It looked like it was opened from the floor. I ascended down the stairs. My footsteps echoed. I stood half-way down the stairs, seeing several people looking at my direction. Though, a familiar face caught my eye.

"Oi! What are you doing here?!" Hiyori pointed at my direction.

I shrugged, "My senses lead me here." The others looked at Hiyori. I paused, "Oh, are you guys the Visored?" I asked, going down the stairs until I had my feet on the ground. The place was similar to Kisuke's study room. I wouldn't be surprised if it was built the same way. "At least she knows who we are," a man with short blond slicked-back hair said.

"How did you get in here?!" Hiyori came up to me, grabbing me by the sleeve. She dragged me closer to the group. There were 7 individuals, including Hiyori. Most of them were taller than 170 centimetres. "I made a little opening on the barrier..." I sheepishly muttered.

I gave every single one of them a good look. The blond had purple eyes and his height was about 187 centimetres. Another was a young woman with hazel eyes. Her height was about mine or maybe 3 centimetres taller. Her hair was green and long enough to frame her face to her chin. She looked rather childish.

There was also another young woman with oval red glasses that made her turquoise eyes pop. Her hair was black and tied into a high, shoulder-length ponytail with chin-length bangs on the side of her face. She was 162 centimetres, 12 centimetres taller than me. She had quite a glare at me but she still looked calm.

An extremely tall man. About 180+ centimetres. He wore a hoodie and mirrored sunglasses. I couldn't describe much about him, all I saw was he was very tall. And I thought one couldn't get any taller. This time, a very large and rotund man. He had short pink hair and a pink moustache.

And lastly, a muscular man with white/silver hair which was shaved on the sides. He was tall, like 179 centimetres tall. He had sharp features. But lovely brown eyes. Though those brown eyes didn't look so lovely when they were on me with rage or annoyance, I couldn't decide.

It took me a while to notice everyone was silent. And Shinji wasn't with them. I fiddled with my fingers nervously, disliking the attention I was receiving. I was practically towered by all of them. "Um..." I softly spoke, "Where's Shinji-San?" They raised their eyebrows. "State your business with him," Silver hair spoke, causing me to jump out of my skin.

"We went on a date yesterday..." my cheeks heated up a little, "I guess it's appropriate to speak with him regarding yesterday." They all looked... surprised? Even amused. Hiyori's expression quickly changed. She burst out with laughter. The other soon joined her. I looked at them, confused as hell.

"Did he pay you?" The black-hair woman asked.

"Huh...?" I replied.

"How much did he pay you?"

"Wh-- I-- H-He didn't pay me!" I huffed, crossing my arms.

"How much did he pay you to say that?" They kept laughing. I felt ridiculed. So I stayed silent, kicking debris by my feet. Pouting as I looked away from the group.

Praying that God gave me the strength not to send all of them up the ceiling.

They all calmed down with tears coming out of their eyes. I looked over to them, still waiting for an answer on where Shinji was. "Your accent sounds different," the blond muttered, "You aren't from here, I assume?" I nodded, "I'm from another country."

"You're telling me," the black-hair woman spoke, "Shinji scored an international chick before me?" She asked, arching an eyebrow. She shook her head, "Come on, he's paying you, right? How much? It can't be a lot." I nervously chuckled, giving her two awkward finger guns, unsure what I should say.

I debated with myself if I should just leave.