And I wish we can see each other again. [17]

It was colourful. I looked around the place in awe. Different aromas invaded my nose. Different sounds rang in my ears. Despite the place being crowded, I didn't feel claustrophobic. Forget that. I was too amazed by the whole thing.

I looked at the girls in front of me. Orihime was wearing a blue kimono that matched her hairpins and it had white flowers on it. Her hair was tied into a bun. Rukia was wearing a purple one with detailed flowers at the bottom and sleeves.

"My, my, you look stunning, Neddy-chan," I heard a familiar voice chirping.

I turned to see Kisuke, he was wearing his regular green layers of clothes, "And you look handsome as ever," I chirped back at him.

"And that's enough," Renji took my shoulders and moved me away from the shopkeeper.

I joined up with Orihime and Rukia, who were standing with the blond-haired woman. She was wearing a maroon kimono, which gave her a seductive kind of look. Plus, her kimono hangs loosely around her chest. Due to her height, I was practically staring at her chest. Which I wasn't complaining about. "Oh, I don't think we've introduced ourselves!" she placed a hand on my shoulder, "I'm Matsumoto Rangiku. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Neddy. Nice to meet you too, Matsumoto-San!" I answered, keeping my eyes on her blue ones. I scanned her face. She had full lips and a beauty mark under the right side of her mouth. She was so pretty. I bet every guy was after her. Hell, maybe some girls too.

"No need to be so formal! Call me Rangiku," she patted my hair. Which gave me a new feeling. Head pats are indeed something else.

"Alright, Rangiku," I smiled at her.

And then they started dragging me around. Which I didn't mind. They shoved items into my hands and food into my mouth. It was like they stopped at every stall. They kept stopping at stalls that were selling accessories. They would put everything on me. From hairpins to necklaces and judged if they looked cute on me.

My wooden sandals clicked as they dragged me around. I kept looking around, gaping at the whole scenery. I wished I had brought my camera. Though, the group took a lot of photos. Shortly after, Yumichika decided to join us. He was wearing a simple kimono which had flowery patterns on it. They were all planning to solve my fashion crisis that night.

I stood by the side as they were raiding stalls. I looked to my side, seeing someone on the ground a few steps away from me. I looked at the group. They were occupied by the stall. I went over to the stranger, "Are you alright?" I asked, taking a handkerchief out from my small sling bag. I handed it over to him and helped me up.

He had brown eyes. He had jaw-length blonde hair, which was a straight cut. He was tall, I could guess, about 175 or 176 centimetres. He wore a grey yukata, which was now dirty. I dust the dirt off his yukata with my handkerchief, "Something pretty like this shouldn't be dirty," I muttered.

He took my right hand, brushing his lips on my knuckles, "I'm Hirako Shinji," he introduced himself. Holy crap, he's better than Aizen. I blushed furiously, unable to speak. If it wasn't obvious, I had never had a man kiss my hand. Sure, it was a greeting among family members. But never among opposite genders.

"I-I'm Neddy!" I squeaked, struggling to regain my composure. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Hirako-Kun," I looked away from him. I could tell I was still beet red. I took my hand back and stood shyly in front of him.

"The pleasure's all mine," he paused, "And please call me Shinji," his hand went to my chin and lifted it. My insides burst with emotion. I could feel myself sweating in my kimono. I was starting to worry about how I wasn't going to maintain my cool. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

Oh yeah, I was definitely hinting at something.

"Um..." I said, thinking of something to say, "Are you here alone, Shinji-San?" I asked him, fiddling with the sleeves of my kimono.

"I was with a group of friends," he answered, "But they left me," he sighed, turning his head to the side. He looked over at me, "I don't mind it now since yer here," he smirked.

If I were, to be honest, it was the first time someone ever flirted with me. People didn't notice me back then, so no one has ever flirted with me. Not till the point I got all red and flustered.

My breath hitched, "W-Well," I rubbed my arm, unsure how to respond. He chuckled at my reaction. My heart was beating out of my chest. I felt like having a heart attack. I didn't even know how to describe how I was feeling.

I had a girlfriend in the past. Every time I held her hand, there was always a rush feeling. That was my feeling.

"Ned?" I heard several voices called out. I turned behind, seeing the group looking around.

I turned back to Shinji, "I'm sorry, but I have to go," I muttered, fiddling nervously with my fingers.

"Oh, it's alright," he answered, "It was lovely meeting ya, Ned," my heart fluttered. I always react strongly to my name and hearing it from his mouth made me feel things.

"It was lovely meeting you too, Shinji-San," I beamed at him. I turned around, "I hope I can see you again one day, Shinji-San!" I exclaimed.

"And I hope the same," he said before I ran off to my group.

I tapped Orihime on the shoulder, "Neddy-Chan! Where were you?" she asked.

I looked behind me, seeing Shinji still standing a few steps away, "I got carried away and wandered around," I turned back to the group. I scratched the back of my head, laughing nervously, "Sorry."

"I was worried we lost you in the crowd!" Rukia exclaimed. The rest took my shoulders and continued to drag me around.

I smiled, remembering my previous encounter. Forget Aizen, I was hooked on Shinji.