Exchange isn't over yet. [68]

I slowly opened my eyes. I was greeted by multiple people kneeling beside me. Orihime, Ichigo, Ishida, Rukia, and Chad were kneeling beside me. I slowly sat up, "Where am I?" I looked at them. "Kuchiki Manor," Rukia said, "We're in Soul Society and we're at my home." I looked around, noticing I was in a futon. My outfit was a white kimono. I still didn't have any glasses.

"Wait, manor?" I averted my attention back to Rukia, "You live in a mansion?" I blinked at her. "Y'know, Rukia here came from the Kuchiki Clan," Ichigo gestured to Rukia, "So that explains the fancy house." I gaped at Rukia, Abarai did tell me about the Kuchiki Clan. Her family name is literally Kuchiki. Why didn't I notice it earlier?

Someone came into the room. He was about 180 centimetres tall. He had grey slate eyes and long black hair with hairpieces at the top back of his head. He wore a white haori but with a high collar with light gold edges and small, light gold tassels attached to the corners. His looks were wow. Handsome sounded like an understatement to his looks.

"Big brother!" Nii-Sama! Rukia quickly got onto her feet. I looked at the two with awe, that's Rukia's brother. Oh, I see where Rukia's cute looks come from. His eyes went to me and I swore I stopped breathing. "I have some business to attend to," he stated, averting his eyes to her little sister, "I'll leave the house to you." Rukia somewhat sparkled, "Yes! I'll make sure the manor remains spotless!"

He turned and left the room. I was still gawking like an idiot. "Kuchiki-San, that was your brother?" I asked, "He was..." I blinked, "Wow." Rukia settled beside me, having the same awed reaction as mine. "Oh, come on!" Ichigo cried out, "Not you too?!" I looked over to Ichigo snapping out from my daze, "He looks noble and attractive! How could one resist that?" Rukia nodded, agreeing with my statement.

"Oh, now I remembered what I wanted to ask!" Orihime spoke suddenly, "The bracelet on your necklace, Neddy-Chan..." she pointed to my chest. My gaze went to the silver bracelet that belonged to the Espada I killed. "Did you steal it from him or...?" She asked. I went silent, my fingers fiddling with the material. I looked away from the girl, biting my lip.

Could I say it? What will they think about it?

I sighed, turning my attention back to them, "He gave it to me," I said, "I didn't even ask. He gave it to me a few moments before I got rescued..." my hand gripped on the bracelet. My fist shook as I held onto it a little tighter than I expected. "Neddy-Chan," Orihime placed her hand over my fist. I looked up, meeting her warm brown eyes as if she was telling me she understood how I feel.

I let go of the bracelet, smiling at the beaming orange-haired girl. "So," Ichigo spoke, "Ishida told me you battled with an Espada," he paused. "She defeated one," Uryu corrected him. "Right, right," Ichigo scratched the back of his neck, "Who was it?" I blinked at him, "Uh," I fiddled with my fingers, "Number five," I mumbled.

Silence.

"The tall Espada...?" He asked, sounding confused. I nodded. He blinked at me, "I was beaten half to death by him!" He shouted, pulling on his hair, "And you beat him alone?!" I shrugged, laughing nervously. "Gah!" He looked frustrated, "What is this?!" "Beginner's luck," Uryu commented. Orihime hummed, thinking, "Or maybe he was going easy on her?" She added. Uryu looked over to her, "Going easy? You've seen the injuries she had after the battle." Orihime laughed and scratched her head, "Sorry, sorry! I just thought it would make sense," she continued laughing.

I shook my head, watching the three cause chaos in the room. I looked over to Chad. He was silent. He was always silent. "Say, Ned," Rukia said, her tone hushed, "What do you think it is?" I looked over to her. I was a cliché so a lot was going through my mind. My gaze went to Chad, "Pretty sure is the training me and Sado had," I smiled at him. A smile settled on his masculine features.

"Ah, of course," Rukia muttered.

I looked around the room, "You said we're in Soul Society, right?"

"Yes, I did," Rukia answered.

"So," I said, "When are we heading back?" I looked over to the black-haired girl.

"We can go a moment after this," she paused, "Though I have a few things to attend to, so you'll have to leave without me."

"Actually," Orihime spoke, "I was invited to join Squad 4 for a moment. I'll be staying here for a while too."

"Okay," I said, "You guys will be sending me back then?"

"Ah," Uryu said, "I'm afraid I'll be staying too. They've invited me to join the Calligraphy club for a while. I couldn't miss an opportunity like this."

"Chad? Ichigo?" I asked.

"Sorry," Ichigo said, "The two of us will be with Squad 11."

"Oh," I wasn't going back to Karakura Town as soon as I expected. "Can I walk around here?" I asked, looking at Rukia. "The Shinigami Women's association's HQ is in one of the rooms," she muttered, her face thoughtful, "I can leave you with them. They surely would guide you around Seretei."

"Shinigami Women's Association?" I was awed by the idea. I nodded, "I guess you guys can go enjoy yourselves!" I beamed. "Before I forget," Ichigo said, getting up, "Since you defeated the same Espada he defeated, Zaraki Kenpachi's gonna go after you," he warned, shivered at the mention of the name.

"Kenpachi?" I tilted my head to the side. Ichigo shivered, "Tall, black hair, tremendous Reiatsu" he looked over to me, "You'll know him once you see him," he paused, "And if you see him, good luck!" He ran out of the room, "You'll need it!" "Ichigo, wait!" I called out but he was gone, "I'm terrified."

Rukia patted my shoulder, "Don't worry," she said, "I'll leave you with the Shinigami Women's Association, they'll watch your back," Rukia got up with the rest, "Enjoy your stay here, Neddy!" I watched them all exit the room as I remained on the futon.

Clearly, my adventure wasn't over yet.

~To be continued...