I should've listen to my caunsellor [28]

My eyes fluttered open. I looked around, remembering I was at Urahara's shop. I looked at my wristwatch. I woke up at my usual time, which meant I had lots of time before heading to school. I stared at the ceiling for a moment, massaging my eyelids, hoping it would get rid of the puffiness.

I sat up from the futon, rubbing my eyes. Though, I felt tired. But I had school and I couldn't always ditch it. I looked to my side, seeing my school uniform folded neatly and my glasses at the top of the stack. My school bag placed neatly right beside the stack. I stretched, scratching the back of my head. "Time for school," I mumbled.

***

Stress. It was something a student was normal with. That included me. I had the tendency to study 'till I drop. My fingers tapped on my study desk. My eyebrows knitted together. Trying to make sure I was prepared for the exam.

"I'm back!" Renji announced. "Welcome back!" I shouted back, remain unmoved from my chair. My chest felt tight. I placed my head on the table. I heard the door open. "Ned?!" I turned to the door, seeing Renji floating.

Everything glowed magenta for a while. Floating as if there was no gravity. Then in a second, everything dropped to the floor, including Renji. What happened? I looked around, seeing my room a mess.

"What was that?" Renji asked. I shrugged, "Can stress do that?" Renji rolled his eyes, "Are you tired?" I looked at the book on my desk, nodding. I got off from my chair, "I'm going to sleep."

"Oh, no. Not yet, we're gonna make you do that again," Renji grabbed my wrist, pulling me to the living room. We both sat down on the floor. I looked over to the red-hair, "So... what am I supposed to do?"

"What were you doing for that to happen?" He asked. I paused, "I was studying," I fiddled with my fingers, "Honestly, I was 90% stressing out."

"Go ahead." I blinked at him. I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking about my exam. And what would happen if I failed? I was about to give myself an anxiety attack. My parent would be beyond disappointed. I started sweating, my head started pounding.

Everything around me floated with a gentle magenta glow. Renji was starting to float as well. My short hair started to stand up. My glasses slowly floating up. "Looks like you got another ability," Renji muttered as he slowly reached the ceiling. I looked around, seeing all the objects in my house float weightlessly.

I got up, poking several objects. It was like there was no gravity in the house. "Now, slowly put me down," I looked up seeing him flat on the ceiling. I placed my palm under my glasses as it dropped onto my palm. I looked up to Renji at my ceiling. I held both of my hands up.

Obviously, I didn't think it through.

The red-hair dropped on top of me. Soon after, all the objects in my house toppled down. "Ow ow ow," I sat up with Renji seated on my lap. Renji turned to me, "What were you thinking?!" he hit the side of his palm onto my forehead. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't know any other way to get you down!" I answered, putting both of my hands on the spot he hit.

I took my glasses and put them on. I looked over to his hair which was on his back. "Can I play with your hair?" I asked, my voice soft as I avert my gaze from him. "After what you did?!" he shouted. I flinched a little, I put my index fingers together. Renji sighed, "Go ahead." I bought my head up, "Thanks!"

I raked my fingers through his hair. I separated his hair into three strands and braided it. "We're going to see Urahara tomorrow," he said, turning his head to me, "So you'll learn more about your abilities." I turned his head back to the front, "Don't move, it'll ruin your braid," I huffed, "Sure. We're going there after school, right?"

"I was actually thinking first thing in the morning," he stated.

"I have school," I replied, "Plus if I suddenly disappeared, won't Aizen become suspicious of it?"

"Just say you were sick or something."

"Easy for you to say," I continued braiding his crimson red hair, "I'm not a good liar. I tend to get too giddy and anxious when I lie. I think that would make it obvious," I stopped, "Besides, exams are coming up. I can't afford to miss class."

Renji sighed, "Fine, we'll go after school. But don't blame me if you don't get any sleep."

"What do you mean if I don't get any sleep?"

"Remember that study room? You can't tell the time in there, the ceiling is painted."

"Oh, yeah," I grabbed Renji's hair tie as I secured the braid, "There. It isn't the best but I hope you like it."

Renji gently pulled his hair to his shoulders. He ran his hand over the braid, "Its neat," he got onto his feet, "Get some sleep, kid," he ruffled my hair, walking to the kitchen, "You'll need it." I stood up, "But what about dinner?" I asked, leaning onto the wall near the kitchen.

He waved a hand at me, "I can make some myself," he took the chopping board and a knife from the drying rack, "I can make some for you if you're hungry." I waved both of my hands at him, "No, no. It's okay I'm not--," as if on cue, my stomach growled. "Senyaplah," I whispered to myself, punching myself in the gut.

Abarai-Kun laughed which caused my embarrassment to intensify, "Don't be embarrassed. I'll make some for you," he smiled at me. I walked to him, "I should help." "No, you sit down over there," he pointed the knife at me then gestured to the living room.

I took a few steps back, "You shouldn't be pointing that towards me."

He had a care-free grin, "I'm a lieutenant. Trust me I know what I should and shouldn't do with sharp objects."