The lights spark and flicker [51]

"What am I supposed to do now?" I whispered to Luppi, turning my head to the front. He kept quiet for a moment. "I'd say we ignore him and see what happens," he chirped, sounding excited and mischievous. He pulled my his sleeve a little until his hand was visible, "Mind if I hold your hand?" He asked.

I smiled a little, "Sure," he placed his hand into mine, "It's for pissing off Nnoitra, right?" Luppi nodded, "Thanks for reminding me his name." I nodded, "I got your back," we started walking around the place. Just enjoying the sun. Luppi was sweating, so he kept wiping his forehead with his sleeves.

"How do you stand this heat?" He eyed my outfit, "In a dress like that?" Luppi fanned himself with his sleeve. I shrugged, "I'm used to it," I answered, "I like the warm of the Sun." Luppi looked at me, as if disagreeing with my answer, "I can tell that from your tanned skin," he muttered, "The warm is the worst part."

"I didn't know Arrancars were heat sensitive," I looked at Luppi, "Isn't Hueco Mundo a dessert?" I raised an eyebrow at the feminine-looking Espada. "It is a dessert. But its constantly dark and cold. Hollows gets used to the condition. But this? This is a whole different story," he gestured around his and pointed to the sky. I looked up, seeing the artificial sun beaming brightly.

Luppi focused on my face, "Your glasses turned black," he tilted his head to the side, fascinated by it. I laughed a little at his reaction, "It kinda does that when I'm outside under the sun," I explained, "It makes the bright surrounding look more dim so it doesn't hurt my eyes."

"That's pretty convenient," Luppi poked the frame, "I didn't know people from the World of the Living was smart." I raised my eyebrows, but I moved my head to the side, giving a gesture that I somewhat agreed with him. After staying under the sun for a while, I was sweating.

I pulled on Luppi's sleeve gently, "I think I had enough sun." Luppi looked over to me, "You're all red and flushed," he muttered, raising a brow. I laughed, scratching the back of my head, "I have sensitive skin," I fiddled with my fingers, "And staying in the sun too long damages my skin."

"And you're the one asking if I'm sensitive to heat," he squinted his eyes at me. I crossed my arms, looking at him, "At least I lasted longer," I turned my head away from him, "But seriously, I'm getting all sweaty and sticky," I muttered, pulling on the fabric of my outfit which clung on my skin.

"Thats why I don't like the sun," Luppi guided me to a shaded area, "Come on, I'm sending you back to your room," he bought be back into the building. The chilly air gave me a little shiver. "But I don't have a shower in my room," I said, "Its a cellar, not a room. I only have a couch and a bookshelf over there."

Luppi looked behind us. He grinned a little and turned to me, "So, I'll bring you to my room?" He asked, but a little louder than usual. He moved his head to the side a little, signalling oversized spoon was nearby. We were playing on dangerous grounds now. "Sure, I'd like that," I answered, bringing my tone up a notch.

Once we turned, we snickered like a bunch of gossiping teenagers, putting our hands over our grinning mouths. "Do you think that upsets him?" I asked, my tone hushed. "Just me being near you pisses him off already," Luppi moved his sleeve from his mouth and cupping the corner of his lip towards me.

I felt the back of my collar being grabbed, and I was dragged away. Luppi quickly took my hand, "Oh, look! Its number five," Luppi gave Nnoitra a mocking smile, "What brings you here?" I looked up, seeing Nnoitra turning to Luppi, pissed off. "Hands off my pet," Nnoitra yanked my collar, forcing Luppi to let go off me.

"She's your pet?" Luppi gasped and place his hand on his chest, "As far as I'm concern, I don't see your name on her." Nnoitra snarled at Luppi's words. His hand went to my throat, caressing the blue-black area, "But you see this, don't you?" He flicked the area. I squeaked, feeling the area stinging.

"That could be from anyone," Luppi muttered, "I'm surprise you're already pressing yourself up against her. Is it because she's small? Or are you that desperate?"

Nnoitra pressed his hand on my neck, "That's none of your business." My breath hitched as he was choking me, "Just because you're a rank lower than me doesn't give you the damn right to piss me off."

Luppi laughed, "It isn't my fault you easily get your panties in a twist," Luppi teased.

I looked at Luppi with pleading eyes. Stop that, you're gonna make him kill me!

"Tch," was all Nnoitra said. He grabbed my hips and effortlessly slung me over his shoulder. I grabbed onto his shoulder to push myself up.

"No comeback?" Luppi asked, grinning.

"Fuck off."

Luppi turned around and walked away. I watched the small figure leave and disappear. Nnoitra gripped on my hip harder. In a blink of an eye, we were in his room. He threw me on the mattress, causing me to bounce on it a little. He got on top of me, pinning one hand to the mattress. I bought my leg to his chest and kicked him off. Honestly, I was a little surprised on about my strength.

I rolled to the side and got onto my feet, "Don't even try."

"You're in no position to fight back, pet," he stood a few steps away from me. He eyed me before taking a step nearer to me. "Jeez, why did you even took me here for?" I crossed my arms, "I want a goddamn shower." Nnoitra stopped in his tracks, "You piss me off sometimes," he sighed, sitting down on the mattress.

I raised my eyebrow, "I know. Thats what I'm trying to achieve."