Chapter 4

You awoke to the smell of breakfast, your stomach growled, and you sat up quickly sniffing the air. Throwing on the same pyjamas as last night, you rushed into the living room to see a fully cooked breakfast laid out on the table, with Hana sitting opposite eating her own breakfast.

"Good morning sleepy head," She called over to you with a big smile on her face, egg yolk dripping down her chin. She swallowed the food quickly and wiped away the yolk, "I went to the shop this morning to pick up some food. It's not much but it's something!"

You rubbed your eyes and joined her at the table, "Thank you for making me breakfast! This is perfect." You said as you rapidly started shovelling food down your throat.

"Well, it's more like lunch now," Hana stated looking at her watch, "It's nearly 12pm!"

You gulped down an egg and almost choked, "Why didn't you wake me sooner?" You wheezed, taking a sip of water as your eyes began to stream.

Hana looked serious, "You need to take care of that injury, I know Kazumi told you to get plenty of sleep, so I decided to let you have a lie in. Plus, we're not in any rush today, are we?"

"I feel fine though, and I don't want to waste your weekend." You apologetically replied whilst finishing off the last of your meal. Hana was surprised with how quickly you ate it. "I woke up feeling a lot better than I was expecting. Those exorcist sure know their stuff, huh?"

Hana nodded and smiled, "They do! And don't worry about it, it's honestly not a problem!"

After finishing off your glass of water, you took yours and Hana's plates into the kitchen and washed them up, it was the least you could do. "Do you mind if I take a shower, please?" You asked.

"Of course, consider this your home away from home!" She replied.

You removed the bandage from your head and jumped in the shower. Taking a much needed breather under the hot water. You gently washed around the wound and realised that you could barely feel it below your fingertips. The bandage was no longer needed, so you decided to leave it off when you'd finished washing. You quickly washed yourself and stepped out of the shower.

Wrapping yourself in a big, fluffy towel, you walked back into your bedroom.

The clothes Hana had lent you were folded neatly on the bedside cabinet as you'd felt far too tired to put them away the night before. You rifled through them and selected a cute white top that showed a little cleavage, and some simple black jeans. You weren't the kind of person to spend hours on your appearance and felt happy enough in the clothes you'd chosen.

You dried your hair, brushed it and chose to leave it hanging loose.

Hana smiled mischievously when she saw the top you were wearing. "Who are you trying to impress then?" She giggled as you rolled your eyes at her. "Shall we head off then?" She asked. You put on a black biker-style jacket, leaving it unzipped as it was fairly warm outside.

A short walk later, you both arrived at an overly colourful, overly grandiose amusement park, Mepphy Land. You rolled your eyes again but laughed internally, 'Of course this is Mephisto's park' you thought as you remembered his over the top outfit.

Your eyes widened as you eyed up all of the amazing games and rides, it had been a long time since you went to an amusement park and you wanted to go on everything. "Ooh, can we go on the Ferris wheel?" You excitedly asked Hana while dragging her in the direction of it. She laughed and obliged.

Standing in the queue, you wasted no time studying the map of the park, it was pretty big, and you worked out that it would take a few hours to get round if you were efficient with your time. Some rides could be dropped if you couldn't make it in time, but you were eager to get everything in. Your turn to get on the wheel arrived and you both boarded the passenger car. As the wheel rotated and you got a better view of the park, your jaw dropped. You pressed your face against the window to get a better look. It was beautiful, in its own way. While the colours were garish, they worked well together. You wondered if Mephisto picked out the colours himself.