Chapter 5

You walked quietly next to Mephisto, unsure of what to say. His tall stature made you feel very small. Being so close to him set something primal off inside of you and you didn't know whether that was a good thing or not. He still felt dangerous to you, but you couldn't think of him as such, he looked calm and happy. He was wearing his long cloak this time and holding a pink umbrella in his right hand, swinging it to and fro mindlessly. At the top of his cloak was the brooch you'd seen on the chibi keyring version of him. You'd almost forgotten about the keyring and fought back a laugh.

"Something amusing?" He asked while he glanced at you sideways.

You looked away quickly, realising you'd been staring at him as your mind wandered. "Sorry, I was just thinking about a prize my cousin got for me at the arcade." You explained.

"Oh? Did you win any bets?" He inquired casually; his eyes widened slightly as though he knew more than he was letting on. You knew there was no way he could know that you and Hana had made a bet to see who could get the most tickets. You mentally shrugged and assumed he was just referring to the betting games that the arcade hosted.

"I managed to get more tickets than my cousin, Hana. She's not the best gamer so it was a pretty unfair bet, but it was a laugh either way. I got her a teddy bear with my tickets, and she got me a keyring." You tried to sound casual when you mentioned the keyring, hoping he wouldn't ask to see it.

"Did you like the keyring?" He asked while continuing to swing the umbrella happily back and forth. A breeze had picked up and his purple hair briefly swept back from his face a little. Seeing him out in a more natural setting, you realised he was a very handsome man. His irises and pupils were narrower than you'd ever seen before, but the forest green colour made his eyes stand out. They were perfectly framed by long, thick eyelashes. The tips of his ears tapered to points which struck you as unusual but somehow, they suited him perfectly. His chin was narrow, and it was emphasised by his goatee. The hair came to a small point and looked like something a devil would have.

"It's very cute." You finally answered him, toying with the keyring in your pocket. He smiled and you continued to walk in a comfortable silence. It felt less awkward as time went by. "So, where are we going anyway?"

"Why, back to True Cross Academy, of course!" He exclaimed.

You stopped walking, "Huh?"

He laughed at your beautifully worded response, "It's the easiest place for us to get to on short notice".

You eventually arrived back at True Cross Academy. Mephisto led you to a side door of the building and pulled out an ornate key, entered it into the keyhole and you heard it click open. He held open the door for you and you entered nervously.

You looked around, surprised that the school had a room like the one you were in. It looked like a place that students would hang out after school, except everything was very clean and clearly expensive. Against the far wall was a small, open kitchen, with a glass cabinet on the wall displaying all kinds of treats and drinks. There was a large, beautiful, white island surrounded by stools in the middle of the kitchen. In the centre of the main area was a large, soft looking maroon sofa with a beautiful oak and glass table in front of it. Some manga was scattered out on the table with sweet wrappers littered around them; the only mess in the place. Opposite the sofa was a large television and the other walls were adorned with gaming consoles, games and bookcases full of manga, anime DVDs and other collectibles.

Mephisto entered the room behind you and closed the door, he removed his hat and cloak, and hung them up on a coat rack. "Please, excuse the sweet wrappers, it seems my brother has been here. Do make yourself at home." He said politely and made his way towards the kitchen. You began to feel nervous again and decided to follow him, you sat at the island and watched him go through the cabinets, "A-ha!" He exclaimed as he pulled two pots of instant ramen out.