Chapter 23

Standing outside, you, Mephisto and the two crystals containing the Nephilim waited for the order to arrive.

"Mephisto Pheles, you've been ordered to return to the Vatican immediately!"

You turned your head to see a tall, handsome man walking towards you. He had long blonde hair, and he wore a long white coat with an overly large sword hanging at his hip. Behind him were several other exorcists.

"Angel, always a pleasure to see you!" Mephisto greeted happily. You suspected he was being sarcastic and frowned. The air felt tense.

"And who might this be?" Angel asked as he stood in front of the two of you, his blue eyes were piercing and you shivered, you realised how serious the situation really was.

"A student from the cram school," Mephisto said coolly. He turned to look at you, "(Y/N), this is our current paladin, Ar..." He was cut off as Angel interrupted him.

"Arthur Auguste Angel!" He laughed arrogantly. You wrinkled your nose in response, trying hard not to laugh at the theatrics, apparently being incredibly over the top was common amongst exorcists. You briefly glanced at the clown-like attire of Mephisto and snorted, although you were scared of what was going to happen, you couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the two men before you.

Mephisto raised an eyebrow at you but said nothing.

"Well, (Y/N), you should return to the cram school as you are no longer needed here. Sir Pheles, you will be coming with me, as will these two." He gestured towards the Nephilim. You frowned, not liking the dismissal.

"I was the one that was taken by th..." You started but stopped abruptly when you noticed Mephisto's glare, he shook his head subtly. You immediately stopped talking.

"(Y/N) Please speak with Belial, he will take you back to the academy," Mephisto explained, "Angel, I shall neither run nor hide!" He clicked his fingers and the crystals followed him eerily. Angel and the other exorcists followed and soon they were out of sight.

You turned around and entered the mansion, closing the door behind you, you started crying. The whole series of events had been overwhelming and with a moment away from it all, you realised how intense the exorcists were.

"Master Pheles will be fine." Belial said calmly, "He has his way of getting out of trouble." He walked up to you and placed a hand on your shoulder, "Shall we leave for the academy?" He asked.

You smiled at the butler, "Yes please".

After arriving at the school, you thanked Belial for everything – without him, Mephisto would have lost control and killed the Nephilim.

You walked back to your apartment, wanting to take a moment to unwind. You worried about what The Order was going to do with Mephisto, he'd gone behind their back, disobeying their order, and had tortured the Nephilim.

'He tortured them for what they did to me...' You thought. You knew that part of the reason was to get information out of them about how they got into the academy in the first place, but his anger exploded when Katashi talked about you. Mephisto asked how it was being on the receiving end of the torture after torturing you. You frowned, 'Why did he go to such extreme lengths?' You came out fine after your kidnapping.

You blinked your eyes, realising you'd circled back round and had walked up to the academy entrance. You took out your key and opened the door to the cram school. Without thinking, you walked towards Mephisto's office in a daze. On the way, you grabbed your phone out of your pocket and sent a text to Hana.

You: Hi Hana, I'm sorry I've been so weird tonight, I've just been overwhelmed with a few things but I'm okay now. I promise I'll explain more soon, I just need to be alone tonight, I'll see you in the morning x

Hana: I'm worried! You looked so pissed off earlier and then you just ran off without a word. Are you sure you're okay? X

You: I'm fine, I'm just going to get some me time. I'm sorry I worried you! Everything will be fine in the morning x

Hana: If you're sure. Be careful and call me if you need anything! X

You locked your phone and dropped it back into your pocket. You opened the door to Mephisto's office and closed it behind you. You hovered there for a moment before locking it and walking slowly towards Mephisto's desk, "Amaimon?" You called out.

Silence.

"Amaimon, if you're here, please show yourself!"

Nothing.

You sighed in relief and spotted the empty wrappers on the table, he'd eaten all of the snacks and left, thankfully. You wanted to be alone. You walked up to the desk and sat down in Mephisto's seat, tidying the mess you'd made before.

You curled up on the chair, tucking your feet up and resting your head on the armrest. Closing your eyes, you let your mind wander as you felt yourself falling asleep.

In your dreams, you saw images of Mephisto's angry face, he was standing over the Nephilim and laughing maniacally. A groan escaped your lips. A large, black net covered you and it felt like you were trapped, being forced to watch as Mephisto turned into a monster. Dark images swirled around, and you felt panic cloud your mind as you suddenly saw Mephisto in a large, white room. Exorcists were pointing fingers at him and calling for an execution. You cried out but no sounds escaped your mouth. Mephisto walked up to you and told you not to worry and that he had a plan. He hugged you and planted a kiss gently on your lips. You pushed your body up close to his and smiled into his chest. You groaned happily and woke up from your sleep.

Looking down, you saw a blanket had been placed on you while you slept. You rubbed your eyes and looked up, Mephisto was sitting opposite you. "M-Mephisto? What are you doing here?" You stretched your cramped legs.

"This is my office." He raised an eyebrow, taunting you.

You looked around, forgetting that you'd curled up in the chair of his office, "Shit! Sorry!" You jumped out of the chair and smiled awkwardly, "I didn't mean to spend the night here. Did you put the blanket on me?"

"I did. You looked peaceful so I didn't want to wake you. I worked at this table while you slept... Interestingly, there was a pile of rubbish left for me to clean." His tone was accusatory.

"Oh," you laughed awkwardly, "Yeah, that wasn't me." You walked round and sat on a chair next to him, "How are you here? I thought The Order would lock you away for treason or something like that... or worse." You frowned.

"My dear, you needn't have worried. I made a deal with the Vatican, much to Angel's dismay." He smiled mischievously. "Why did you fall asleep in my office?"

You blushed, "I kinda just found myself walking here when I got back on campus grounds, I guess I feel safe here." You averted your eyes away from Mephisto, feeling silly.

"Thank you." He said unexpectedly.

You looked back at him and raised an eyebrow, imitating the response he liked to use regularly.

He laughed at your imitation. "For saving me from myself." He replied more seriously. You gave him your warmest smile. "Now," he continued, "I think we should talk about how you're going to be punished for ransacking my office and breaking into my mansion..." He gave you an erotically devious look.

You felt your body respond to the threat, your pussy ready for his punishment, "Yes, Sir Pheles!"