Chapter 20

"I've gotta get out of here!" You exclaimed to no one, lying in your own bed. You were still under strict orders to take it easy, but after a few days at the academy, you'd healed enough to go home. Hana was at the cram school and you'd spent all morning watching videos on your phone.

You switched to your texts and re-read the last conversation you'd had with Mephisto. 'Ooh, that would be a fun way to entertain myself again!' You thought excitedly.

You: I'm home alone, I'm naked and in bed. If only there was something (or someone) fun to do around here! X

Mephisto: You're supposed to be working on getting better, your body needs time to heal! Xoxo

You: Ugh, you're no fun! X

Mephisto: I can be incredibly fun...

You stared at your phone, not knowing what to say.

Mephisto: When you're fully healed. Xoxo

You: What if I said I was fully healed right now? X

Mephisto: Wonderful! You can return to class tomorrow, then! Xoxo

You cursed and laughed.

You: Fine, fine, you called my bluff, but you better make the wait worth my while. X

Mephisto: You won't be disappointed. Xoxo

You lay back and felt your body tingle with excitement, eager to get out of bed and enjoy yourself again.

A few more days passed by.

You walked into the classroom with Hana behind you and were surprised to see all of the students in there before you, even the ones who were usually late (Rin!). You gasped as you saw handmade banners adorning the walls, some were welcoming you back, while others said thank you.

"(Y/N)! Welcome back!" Rin exclaimed joyfully.

"It's nice to see you back on your feet, (Y/N)." Greeted Konekomaru.

"We've missed having you around." Squeaked Shiemi.

Izumo pulled you away from the crowd, "T-thank you for saving me," she stuttered, "I don't like that you did that, but I appreciate it!" Her face turned an interesting shade of red.

"I'm just glad you managed to avoid any harm!" You replied, "I couldn't just stand by and let those guys hurt anyone ever again." Her blush was endearing.

"Damn, Izumo's so nice to (Y/N). So, why is she so mean to me?" You heard Rin whisper loudly nearby. Shiemi smiled at his inability to do anything quietly. "Hey, polka brows!" He called out as he ran over to her.

You walked back up to Hana and heard Izumo scold Rin for calling her that nickname. Hana was standing by a table covered in snacks, drinks, and a delicious looking cake and you gently placed your hand on her shoulder. "You knew about this, didn't you?" You gave her a warm smile.

She laughed and grabbed herself a drink, "Yeah, it was hard keeping it a secret, but we all wanted to surprise you. What you did for Izumo and the rest of us was so amazing and we couldn't let it go unnoticed. The teachers gave us permission to throw a small party today instead of going to any lessons." She gulped down a can of soda and wiped her mouth on her arm, "By the way, they put out booze for you..."

"Yes!" You snatched one up quickly and chugged it, "I've missed this!" Your cheeks flushed red as the alcohol settled happily in your stomach.

"Don't go overboard!" Hana warned. You shook your head and opened a second can.