Heather Duke x Fem!Reader - Pep Rally Date

The Pep Rally was quickly approaching and you didn't have a date. You were really hoping Duke would ask you, but you just knew she wouldn't. She was particularly shy, especially when Chandler was around her, so just about always. Actually, Peter asked you to go as his date, and whilst he was boring and you weren't interested, you knew Chandler would absolutely destroy you. A Heather had to have a date. 

The day of the pep rally you picked out a gorgeous outfit and you agreed to meet Peter there. Just as you were about to leave, your phone rang,
"Hey, Y/N, it's Heather."
"Oh, hey Dukie."
"You know I hate it when you call me that."
"Yeah, yeah, anyway, what's up?"
"Well, I know Peter asked you to the pep rally and I was wondering if you'd mind walking there with me? I don't really wanna walk alone."
"Sure, no problem, I'll meet you at your place."
"How very."

You hung up and walked over to Heather's, where the two of you strolled to the pep rally together. Heather seemed bothered by something, so you asked,
"Hey, Heather, something up?"
"Uhh, no.." She tried to lie, but she was never very good at it.
"Heather, come on, we've been friends for years, you can tell me anything, I won't judge, I promise." You reassured her.
"That's the problem." She responded, looking away from you.
"What?" You asked, worried.
"We're friends." She repeated.
"Uhh, are you telling me you don't wanna be friends anymore?" You questioned, your face dropping.
"Oh, no! That's not what I meant!" She fumbled over her words nervously.
"Then what is it?" You asked her impatiently.
"I like you!" She blurted out.
"What?" You questioned in shock.
"I-I like you, as more than a friend, and I wanted to ask you to the pep rally, but I got scared and, I don't know.." She admitted, blushing.
"I like you too, I was hoping you'd ask me actually. Why don't I go as your date?" You suggested.
"Isn't Peter already taking you?" She asked.
"It's fine, he clearly wanted to take the girl he likes instead, he's just way too nervous." You laughed.
"Then why'd he ask you?" She inquired curiously.
"We've been friends since we were little, he's like a brother to me, so he just used me as an excuse not to ask her." You answered nonchalantly.
"Didn't take him as the shy type." Heather responded, smiling at you.
"Yeah, he's actually a massive chicken with girls he likes, it's hilarious." You mocked him, "Anyway, I'm sure he won't mind, I'll just tell him I'm your date instead."
"How very." She said.

The two of you sat together, enjoying the pep rally, and Heather held your hand. After, of course, you told Peter you were Heather's and forced him to ask out the girl he liked, which went well, actually.

Afterwards, Heather pulled you outside to the massive sports field, where it was already dark.  The two of you lay down on the grass, holding hands, and just star gazed for a while, talking about whatever came to mind.

"You know, Heather, I've loved you for a long time. I wish I got to see the real you more often." You said, now looking longingly at her.
"Yeah, well, Heather doesn't like the real me." She retorted.
"So what? She's a mythic bitch." You responded, laughing a little.
"Yeah, I know. We'll figure it out together." She said, sitting up.
"Indeed we will." You sat up too and kissed her softly.
"I love you too, by the way." She returned.
"Wonderful, now, would you like an escort home?" You asked, smiling softly at her.
"I'd love nothing more." She answered, standing up.
"The none existent carriage awaits!" You cheered, standing up and motioning to nothing.
"Gosh, you're such a dork sometimes." She teased.
"Maybe so, but you love me." You teased her back.
"You're right, I do." She smirked at you.
"I've been waiting so long for this, I dreamt of a time like this. I love you, I really do, Heather." You hugged her tightly, as though letting her go would kill you.
"I love you too, baby. Now let's get back before my parents go mad." She laughed a little at how hard you'd clearly fallen for her and pulled apart from the hug, kissing you on the cheek.

Who knew you could fall so hard?