Heather McNamara x Suicidal!Reader - Alone

Warning - Bullying, attempted suicide, swearing, general angst.

It was pretty lonely at Westerburg, for you. I mean, you had a couple of friends, those being Betty Finn and Martha Dunnstock. You used to have a few other friends, but, they ditched you to form the Heathers. It really stung, and what was worse, you had feeling for McNamara. You'd had those feelings since around 6th grade, and they'd only gotten worse after she left.

Yet again, a couple of jocks continued to pick on you. Pushing you against the locker, calling you every name under the sun and eventually, just punching you in the stomach. They laughed cruelly and walked away, leaving you hunched over against the lockers. Everybody had gone to class already, so nobody else was around. You managed to drag yourself up off the dirty floor and walk to the girls bathroom, where you sat down by the sinks and cried. You cried until you physically couldn't anymore. You were hysterical. It happened constantly, the name calling, the punching, the shoving, ever since 8th grade. You'd endured years of it, and you couldn't do it anymore. All of the hatred, the anguish, the upset had bubbled up. Recently, you hadn't been sleeping too well, so your mother had given you sleeping pills, and you always kept them in your bag. Shaking, you pulled them out of your bag, and tried to open the cap. After a few minutes of struggling, you heard someone come in. At this point, you didn't care, and continued to try and open them. Angrily, you smashed the cap off on the taps.
"Woah, what's your damage?" Chandler smirked, never having seen you angry before.
"The fuck do you want, Chandler?" You spat back.
"To know why the fuck you think you can speak to me like that?" She retorted, irritated.
"Who gives a shit anymore?" You laughed in her face.
"The hell is wrong with you?" She asked, now a little concerned.
"Maybe it's the years of abuse I've been enduring cause you ditched me!" You screamed at her, sobbing as you spoke.
She stayed silent, her mouth wide open in shock.
"Nothing to say for yourselves?" You asked, smiling through the tears.
Silence again.
"Fuck you!" You shouted, shoving your middle finger up at them as you did so.
You poured the pills into your mouth.
"The fuck are you doing, Y/N?!" Chandler shouted, worried.
"Are you insane?!" Duke screamed in disbelief.
"Please, don't!" McNamara pleaded.
You began to fill the bottle up with water, when McNamara ran forward, shaking your head vigorously, causing you to spit out the pills.
"The heck was that for..?" You asked, looking down at the floor.
"I don't want you dying on me." She responded, smiling sadly at you.
"Why not?" You questioned.
"Because, you're amazing. You don't see it, and most people here are blind to it, but you're amazing. You're intelligent, funny and gorgeous. If people took just a second to know you, they'd like you." She explained.
"T-Thanks, Heather.." You we're now quite flustered.
"Anytime." She winked at you.
"I-I'm not good with apologies, but, Y/N, I didn't know you were doing this bad. I'm really sorry, for everything. I know how it feels, to feel alone, like you're just living in the shadows.." Duke interrupted the moment, apologising profusely.
"I forgive you, Heather." You grinned at her.
"Thanks.." She muttered.
"I'm not going to even try to apologise, but how about we all knock off school early and go buy some shoes? Something lame like that?" Chandler suggested, rubbing her neck awkwardly.
"What about your popularity? I'm a basket case." You responded, turning to look at McNamara. She put her arm around you protectively.
"Look, I'm sorry I was so horrible, but I've decided you're an honorary Heather now." Chandler apologised, looking away, embarrassed at her show of emotion.
"I thought you weren't gonna apologise?" You teased.
"Oh, be quiet." She retorted.
"Hey, can I talk with Y/N alone for a second?"McNamara asked, signalling for the other to girls to leave.
"I guess, meet us at the car." Chandler smirked at her knowingly, and Duke winked at her.
"We will." McNamara reassured them as they left.
"So, what's up?" You asked curiously.
"I-I was gonna tell you this years ago, but here goes nothing.. I like you!" She managed to utter out.
"W-What?" You questioned, shocked.
"I really like you, as more than a friend." She repeated.
"I like you too.." You confessed.
"Wonderful.." She smiled cheerfully at you and kissed you softly. She held your hand as the two of you walked to Heather's car.
"Get in loser, we're going shopping!" Chandler shouted to you jokingly.
"God, I missed you Heather!" You laughed at her stupidity.
"Missed you too, dork!" She responded sarcastically.
"Wait, you two are holding hands.." Duke said.
"Did Heather finally tell you?!" Chandler basically screamed at you, excited.
"Yup." McNamara answered, kissing your cheek.
"Only took you literal years." Duke mocked.
"Oh, shush." You retorted.

You got in the backseat of the car, Duke and Chandler in the front. You rested your head on Heather's shoulder as Chandler drove to the mall.