Heather Duke x Suicidal!Musician!Reader - The End

Modern Band AU

A/N - If you don't wanna read it because of the warnings, just skip to the end, I left a lil note :)

Warnings - Suicide, Depression, general angst warnings.

Song fic - Arms Tonite by Mother Mother

B/M - Band mate

You had always had a passion for music, ever since you were a kid, and so, forming a band was inevitable. Luckily, your band had become very popular, and you were incredibly grateful for it, who knows where you'd be without it. Not to mention the fact that you had a gorgeous girlfriend, you'd met her in high school actually, she was your dream girl, you couldn't deny it. Alas, you had also had mental health issue for over a decade too, the band was a way for you to vent it all out, but you never truly recovered.

Tonight was your last show. Of course, the audience didn't know that, your bandmates didn't know, not even your girlfriend knew, but you did. It was over. You couldn't take it anymore. Your life was seemingly perfect, and yet, you were never happy anymore. Honestly, you couldn't remember the last time you'd been well and truly happy. The last song you played was a solo, just you, and you'd never played it for an audience before. It was your last goodbye, your last hurrah to the world you were leaving behind. A final thank you present to everyone you loved.

"I fell, in your arms tonight,
I fell hard, in your arms tonight,
It was nice.
I die in your arms tonight,
I slipped through, into the afterlife,
It was nice.
I lie in your arms tonight,
I lost sight in your arms tonight, it was nice."

The crowd cheered loudly, a mix of smiling and crying was seen. Smiling sadly, you turned to your band mates, and you all walked off the stage.

Grinning brightly, your girlfriend was waiting backstage. You walked up to her, and she kissed you softly.
"I love you, Heather, always remember that, yeah?" You said, hugging her tightly.
"Of course, and the same goes for me." She replied, giggling a little.
"I know, baby." You reassured her, smiling softly, and pulling away from the hug.
"Good, I'm staying at McNamara's tonight, remember?" She responded, grabbing her bag.
"I could never forget anything you tell me." You muttered.
"I can't tell if that's sweet or creepy." She laughed at you a little.
"A mix of both I guess." You agreed.
"Probably, anyway, I'll see you tomorrow, I love you!" She walked away and waved to you.
"I love you too Heather!" You waved back, a little sadness welling in your heart.

"And hey, you, don't you think it's kinda cute, that I died right inside your arms tonight?
That I'm fine, even after I've died cause it was in your arms that I died,
I cried in the afterlife,
I cried hard, because I have died and you're alive,
I try to escape afterlife.
I try hard to get back inside your arms alive,
And hey, you, don't you think it's kinda cute that I tried to escape the afterlife?
That I tried to get back in your arms alive,
That I died in your arms, that.."

Once she had left, you went to find your bandmates. The three of you sat down on the backstage sofa, just chatting and laughing.
"You know, I'm so glad I met you guys." You admitted, a little awkwardly.
"Me too, it's awesome being a band like this." B/M 1 agreed, grinning brightly at you.
"Exactly, I don't know where I'd be without you guys." B/M 2 nodded and said.

After a while, you decided it was time to leave. You got up from the sofa, hugged your friends goodbye, told them you loved them, and began your walk home.

You lived in a large apartment, on the top floor. It had a balcony, and you stood there, feeling the wind blow through your hair.

"I guess this is it, huh? Never thought this'd be how I'd go. I really thought things would get better, but I guess money and fame doesn't bring you happiness.. Should've figured that one out sooner I suppose, but it's a little late now." You talked to yourself, trying to find the courage to continue.

"I fell hard in your arm, arm, arms..
I went and died in your arms that night,
I fell in your arms tonight,
Suicide in your arms..
And hey, you, don't you think it's kinda cute,
that I died right inside your arms tonight,
that I'm fine even after I have died,
that I tried to escape the after life."

You took off your shoes and put your suicide note inside of them. Smiling sadly, tears now pouring down your face, you stood atop the balcony railings, looking down at the busy, dark city streets below, only illuminated by the street lights and occasional car driving past.

Before you could move, you heard your door open and your girlfriend shout to you,
"Hey, Y/N, I forgot my pyjamas!" She shouted through the house, laughing at herself a little.
You didn't reply.
"Uhh, Y/N, you okay?" She asked, worried by the lack of answering.
Again, you couldn't bring yourself to reply. Until she saw you, stood atop the balcony railings. Heather swung the glass door open, and shouted,
"Please, Y/N, don't! I can't live without you!" She begged, now sobbing loudly, holding her hand out for you.

~ Bad End ~

You squeezed her hand one last time.
"I'm sorry Heather, I'll always love you. Catch me in the next life, baby!" You responded, your voice shaking, as you let her hand go and fell. It was finally over.

"That I tried to get back in your arms alive, but I died in your arms that night..
I fell in your arms tonight,
I died in your arms tonight,
I lie in your arms tonight,
I fell in your arms tonight.."

~ Neutral End ~

You squeezed her hand sadly, tears soaking your clothes.
"I'm sorry, Heather, I can't do this anymore. I'm in so much pain.." You explained, tears flowing from your eyes.
"You know I can't live without you!" She screamed.
"Goodbye." You said, closing your eyes and trying to let go.
You tried to let go of her hand, she simply stood atop the balcony with you, and pulled you close. As you fell backwards, she held you tightly.
"I love you!" You shouted to her, as she held you close.
"I love you too!" She shouted back, smiling, with tears now falling from her eyes.
"Let's meet again in the next life, eh darling?!" You suggested, laughing one last time.
"Of course!" She agreed in a heartbeat.
You kissed her one final time, before eventually hitting the ground after your long fall. The two of you were forever know as the couple that could never be parted, not even by death.

~ Good End ~

You squeezed her hand tightly,
"I'm sorry baby, I just can't do this any longer."
As you tried to release her grip, she only tightened it. She stood atop the balcony beside you,
"If you're going, I'm going with you. You're not leaving me here alone.." She informed you, deadly serious.
"I couldn't ask you to do that." You responded, shaking your head.
"You're not, I'm telling you." She didn't waver, despite the large drop directly below her.
"No! You're not throwing your life away for me!" You shouted.
"Then get down with me, darling, please.." She begged, smiling sadly at you.
"Fine." You couldn't have her dying for you, it wasn't fair.
She stepped down first, and you followed, falling into her arms. You sobbed and screamed on her shoulder.
"Why didn't you tell me you were hurting so badly?"
"I didn't wanna be a burden, and I felt so weak for not being able to handle it on my own." You choked out between sobs.
"Oh, baby, you've carried this burden on your back, alone, for way too long. It shows how strong you are, if anything. Just, let me share the weight, yeah?" She sympathised, holding you tightly.
"A-Alright.." You agreed, pulling away from the hug.
"Come on, it's freezing out here." She said, putting her arm around you.
"I guess it is." You noticed, walking beside her into the living room.
"I love you, Y/N." She told you.
"I love you too, Heather." You reciprocated.

She really had saved your life.

~ Fin ~

A/N - I know the song's about nutting too early but I'm just gonna pretend it's not :,)

A/N 2- I don't usually celebrate this kinda stuff, but happy 50th part to this book! I'm really grateful for all the support you've given the book and it helps motivate me to write more for it. I really love it when you vote/comment on chapters, especially commenting. It lets me know you're enjoying it and I get to hear your thoughts on chapters, the Heathers and just in general. So, thank you guys, gals and non-binary pals for enjoying the book with me. The book isn't over yet though, don't worry, I'll continue to write for it :)

What better way to celebrate it than with my personal favourite Heathers character, Heather Duke. (Granted, suicide isn't the most uplifting way to celebrate but we'll just gloss over that.)