Heather Duke x Kind!Reader - Similarities

A/N - F/B means Favourite book
A/N 2 - F/S means Favourite singer
A/N 3 - F/C means Favourite character

You were and always have been incredibly kind. From a young age, you helped anyone you could and continued that way, even in high school. That was something Heather admired about you. She tried to be kind, but got sucked up in the competitive nature of high school and trying to be the one in control. However, each time she saw you, her cold heart melted again, as it had done long before the Heathers had formed. As amazing as it was to be one of the strongest girls in school, she was miserable most days.

Today, you and her got partnered up on a science project and decided to go to her house to work on it.
"Woah, your room is really nice." You complimented.
"Thanks.." She responded awkwardly.
"So, before we start, wanna get to know each other a little? It might make things less awkward." You suggested.
"Sure." She agreed nonchalantly.
"Well, I'm Y/N L/N." You introduced yourself.
"I'm Heather Duke." She did the same, laughing, a little embarrassed.
"So, Heather, whaddya like to do?" You asked.
"I like to read." She answered, embarrassed.
"Oh, nice, me too. My favourite book's probably F/B, what's yours?" You responded, and her face lit up when she saw not only did you not mock her, but you were interested.
"Moby Dick, but F/B's a close second." She answered, grinning like a child on Christmas.
"Awesome!" You cheered.
"Have you got a favourite singer?" She questioned, genuinely curious.
"I really like F/S, you?" You answered.
"It's cheesy but I'd have to say Big Fun.." She admitted, giggling slightly.
"They're pretty cool too, I like 'Teenage Suicide, Don't Do It'. I don't feel so alone when I listen to it." You said, spilling your thoughts.
"Me too. I feel like people don't get the fact that I'm human too, y'know?" She returned the feeling.
"Yeah, people think that they can walk all over me just cause I'm nice, or they can call me names and push me around and it won't hurt. Just cause I smile and keep walking, doesn't mean I don't feel it." You elaborated on how you felt, trusting her.
"Exactly! People don't get that we're human too! Finally, someone gets it. Chandler usually just laughs at me.." She agreed, smiling sadly.
"She shouldn't, you deserve the world, Heather." You squeezed her hand comfortingly.
"That's nice of you to say, but I don't.." She rejected the compliment.
"You really do, I've always been curious about you, you know. I mean, you always seemed so in your own head, I wanted to know what you were thinking about, but I was too nervous to talk to you." You admitted, embarrassed.
"Same! I thought you wouldn't like me or something, I was too nervous to talk to you." She laughed, face palming.
"Guess we're both idiots, huh?" You joked.
"Yup! Say, how about we knock off work and watch a movie instead?" She suggested, smiling deviously.
"Hmm, sure, we've got a month to do it, what we watching?" You gave in, you didn't want to do work anyway.
"How about the Breakfast Club?" She asked, standing up and pulling out a VHS.
"How very! Can't believe it came out 4 years ago." You reminisced a little.
"Me either, you got a favourite character?" She inquired.
"Probably F/C, I relate to them in a weird sorta way, you?" You smiled at her, and got up too, walking over to her bed and sitting down.
"Probably Ally. People see me as a Molly type girl, but I'm more of a basket case, they just don't see it." She responded, putting in the VHS and sitting down next to you.
"Yeah, I get that." You empathised with her.

The two of you sat on her bed, chatting, watching movies and relaxing for the rest of the evening. The science project could always wait.