5 ~ First Day Announcements

At breakfast the following morning once again, the boys sat with them as they ate their porridge and fresh berries. Madame Maxime strolled into the room earning puzzled looks from the students. Isabelle turned to Max, "What's the matter with everyone?" Max chuckled and rolled his eyes, "Madame Maxime never has breakfast with us, unless she has a really important announcement for us all. And that's never normally good." Isabelle grimace, it seemed as though bad luck follows her wherever she went. The headmistress stood in front of the hall, the wood nymphs immediately stopped playing the instruments and singing catching the attention of those who weren't already looking at her. "Good morning all, I know you were expecting to receive your timetables for lessons today but you will receive that later. For the older years, I have very exciting news. This year, the ministry is bringing back the Triwizard Tournament for the first time in over a century."

Instantly the hall broke out into whispers and murmurs. "I will have silence!" Madame Maxime demanded before continuing with her speech. "For those who don't know the Triwizard Tournament was first established seven hundred years ago as a competition for the biggest schools in Europe. Beauxbatons, Durmstrang and Hogwarts." Isabelle sat up straighter and her eyes widened upon hearing Hogwarts. The schools took it in turns hosting the tournament ever five years, that was until the tournament became far too dangerous. Many lives were lost and it was discontinued. We are now happy to tell you after many years of trying, we have brought back the tournament. We have tried our very best to prevent anymore lives being lost, this year it shall be hosted by Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." Isabelle was now shaking uncontrollably, she had to go. She had to see her brother, even if he would never know about her. She wanted to help protect him, Jenn, Adam or even Dumbledore couldn't stop her if it was for the tournament. We will leave early morning on Friday October 30th to arrive there by 6pm sharp. I'm afraid, I cannot take all of you thought." Isabelle's heart sank, she was the new girl there was no way she'd be chosen to go. 

"There will an impartial judge choosing the names of the school champions. There is one condition that was not there previously. Those under the age of seventeen may not put their name forward. Those who can show great knowledge and power of younger years may come but that is all they may do. We will stay with them for the remainder of the year and join them in their studies. I assure you, these age restrictions were necessary and only put forth for your own safety. To chose who is coming, all those above fifth year may join us back here in the hall this afternoon. There will be a single spell you have to produce in order to come, you have one chance and one chance only to produce this spell anyone who cannot will remain here. Enjoy the rest of your day." The hall once again broke out into chatter, Isabelle turned to see the entire table looking at her. "Are you going to try to go?" Clementine asked breaking the silence of the table. Isabelle nodded earning smiled for those surrounding her, "I want to see Hogwarts, my brother, Dumbledore. I want to see everything I should've." The others cheered and raised their glasses of Pumpkin juice. 

The day went extremely slow, the students received their timetables and the only lessons they would be attending were Divination, History of Magic and Astronomy. But soon enough Isabelle found herself in the hall along with her new friends and half the school. She refused to let this stop her from being hopeful, Isabelle was excellent at spells. She had mastered spells that even Jenn and Adam would struggle with, she wanted to be prepared in case Voldemort ever came back. She held her wand tightly in her hand pacing back and forth waiting for Madame Maximes arrival. Max grabbed her shaking hand and looked into her eyes, "Belle, it'll be okay." He said calmly, instantly Isabelle felt herself stop shaking. She smiled weakly at the boy and nodded. AS she did the hall door slammed shut as Madame Maxime strolled in, she wore royal blue robes that hung around her tall frame. 

"Good afternoon all, I'll save the build up and just tell you what you want to hear. You will each perform the patronus charm in front of everyone. If you can't take the pressure of people watching you then you can't take the pressure of coming to the tournament. We will start with seventh years first as they are the only ones who are able to take part in the tournament. Then sixth and fifth to see who will come and view. I will only be taking twenty of you from fifth and sixth year, so make your patronus' strong." The headmistress sat beside Madame Vixen who was at the front of the room with a list of seventh year names. She called out the first name and a thin seventh year blonde boy walked out into the the middle. He was shaking and his legs were unsteady beneath him. Isabelle winced and turned to Max and Clementine who were by her side. "He'll never be able to do it, his hands wobbling and his mind is full of everyone's judgements of him.