13 ~ The Champions

Everyone in the hall were now staring at Harry, a deadly silence filling the air. There was no applause like the previous champions had received. A tall thin woman sat at the professors table quickly stood and rushed over to Dumbledore whispering in his ear. The headmaster frowned, his gaze still fixated on the Gryffindor table. Harry fidgeted awkwardly but didn't dare get up. Isabelle's eyes were glued to her brother, images of possible tasks and accidents that could occur filled her mind. "How could he have put his name in the Goblet? The age line would've stopped him." Alex muttered turning to Isabelle, she focused and watched the boys with an intense gaze. "He didn't do it." Isabelle whispered, not quite believing what she's hearing. "Harry didn't do it." She repeated straightening up in her seat to look past the people who were sat in front of her. Max and Clementine exchanged a puzzled look before looking back at the boy. 

Professor Dumbledore nodded to the thin woman, "Harry Potter! Harry! Up here if you please!" Dumbledore repeated. Harry had now stumbled to his feet, was now slowly making his way to the front of the hall. The hall filled with mutters and whispers as their eyes followed his journey. "He isn't seventeen!" A Hogwarts student called from the green Slytherin table. Isabelle could hear Aiméé muttering about two Hogwarts champions being an unfair advantage for them. Harry finally reached the front of the Hall, but this time Dumbledore didn't shake his hand, nor was he smiling. "Well...through the door, Harry." Dumbledore said rather calmly despite the situation. 

As he disappeared through to the chamber, the muttering grew louder. Students were now shouting towards the teachers about how unfair it is. Ludo Bagman jumped to his feet, a great smile on his face as he rushed after Harry. Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime rose to their feet, perplexed looks on their faces as they stormed over to Dumbledore. Mr Crouch, the thin woman and the greasy, dark haired professor from earlier followed after them and the group of professors began whispering and muttering to one another before following the champions into the chamber. The remaining teachers at the head table were attempting to keep the peace but the shouting had increased and students were now standing, wandering over to other tables. 

"What the hell was that?" Aiméé demanded as she turned to the group. Clementine, Alex and Max shrugged their shoulders before turning to Isabelle. But she had no interest in the conversation, her eyes were fixed on a gruesome looking wizard. He looked as though his face was roughly carved from wood. He was covered with scars, and a chunk of his nose was missing. He had dark grey, grizzled hair, but the most noticeable thing was the large glass eyeball that scanned around the room, while the other was fixed onto another professor as he was speaking. The gruesome wizard stood to reveal a wooden leg as he hobbled after the other teachers and champions. 

"All Hogwarts students may return to their common rooms, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang may if they wish, await for their headmistress and headmaster before returning to their sleeping chambers." A short professor with a white moustache that went around his head called over the noise in the hall. The Hogwarts students, still murmuring and moaning began dispersing out of the room. The Durmstrang students didn't bother waiting for Karkaroff and Victor, and left back to the ship themselves, leaving just the Beauxbatons in the Hall. Aiméé and Vivienne were excitedly discussing possible plans depending on what the tasks could be, while the others discussed how Harry could've put his name in the Goblet. 

Madame Maxime was the first to return with her arm wrapped around Fleur. Both appeared to be unhappy with the conversation that had just happened. They wandered over to where Isabelle and the others were sat and bent down to their height. "They are letting him participate, that's two Hogwarts champions. How unfair, Dumbledore's lucky we don't end the tournament right now." Madame Maxime groaned as she eyed each of her students. "Belle, Dumbledore has asked to see you. The rest of you follow me back to the carriage." She said sternly as she turned to leave the hall with the students following behind. Clementine, Alex and Max waved as they left and Isabelle found herself the last person left in the Hall.