12 ~ A Fourth?

The Goblet of Fire was now placed in front of the professors table, in the centre of the room. The Beauxbatons once again joined the Ravenclaws at the table and similar to yesterday the golden plates filled with foods of all types. It was clear that most of the students weren't particularly interested in the feast, not even the Durmstrang boys looked as fascinated as they had been the night previous. Isabelle peered down the table to see many of the seventh year girls perfecting their hair and getting each other to check their makeup. "I swear, if Fleur checks her face in that plate one more time, I'm going to smash it over her head." Clementine muttered quietly as she rolled her eyes. Isabelle giggled as she spotted Fleur forcing Aiméé to hold one if the gold sparkling plate as she applied another coat of lipgloss to her lips. 

"I really hope it's not her that gets picked. I know she's one of the best at magic, but can you imagine how big her head would get if she won." Alex groaned as he flicked a pea in her direction. Clementine broke out into giggles causing the girl to glare at them before returning her attention back to the plate. "I just want to know who it is, if Dumbledore doesn't start scoffing that food faster, I'm going to make it disappear myself." Isabelle complained as she scowled at the headmaster, who remained unfazed by the impatient looks he was receiving from around the Great Hall. 

The professors were all engaged in polite conversation, oblivious to the many pressuring looks they were being sent by the three schools. Groans and impatient murmurs could be heard from each of the tables, particularly a pair of red headed twins sat at the Gryffindor table.  "Can you just input the thought in his mind? Just this once?" Clementine asked sweetly as she leaned over the table, giving Isabelle a wide smile. Isabelle looked up to Dumbledore and smiled as she spotted his gaze matching hers. 'Could you maybe hurry, please?' She asked politely. He chuckled gently upon hearing the though and nodded slight. Isabelle turned back to the others, a triumphant look on her face. "He said he would." Clementine pumped a fist in the air, earning her puzzled looks from the others. 

Before long, the golden dishes disappeared from the tables, leaving them clean and spotless. The hall was devoured by chatter of excitement from all four tables. This died down quickly as Dumbledore stood from his seat. Isabelle could see the impatient faces of Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime growing as they watched the man. Ludo Bagman was peering out to the student, a large smile plastered on his face. Whereas, Mr Crouch remained unbothered by the excitement. 

"Well, the Goblet is almost ready to make its decision. I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champion' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber, where they will be receiving their first instructions." Dumbledore said as he indicated to the door to the left of the hall. He reached for his wand and dramatically flicked it to the pumpkins above their heads. Instantly, the candles inside extinguished allowing a darkness to fill the room. The Goblet of Fire was lighting up the room with its blue flames drawing everyone attention to it. Silence fell in the room as everyone waited in anticipation. 

Suddenly, the blue flames flickered before turning to a cherry red colour. Sparks began flicker and pop out from the flames, the attention of all the students and teachers were drawn to it. Moments later, the flames rose and spat out a burnt piece of parchment. Dumbledore caught it and held it in the light of the now blue flame. He looked out over the crowd of students and grinned. "The champion for Durmstrang will be Victor Krum!" He called in a clear voice so all students could hear him.

A loud cheer rose from the hall, most loudly from the Durmstrang students. "I mean, who wouldn't pick Krum. He's pretty damn tasty." Aiméé said rather loudly to Fleur and Vivienne to ensure he heard her. Victor rose from the Slytherin table and marched up to Dumbledore, seemingly unbothered by the praise he received as he walked up there. He shook Dumbledores hand before strolling past the staff table and disappearing into the chamber. "Bravo Victor! Knew you had it in you!" Professor Karkaroff thundered, so loud it echoed around the room.

The Hall fell silent once again as all eyes turned back to the Goblet of Fire. Instantly, the flames returned to the red colour and it spat out another piece of parchment. Isabelle knew this was the Beauxbatons champion just by the paper. It was a baby blue very similar to their uniform and had a silver edging. The name was written in perfect, curled lettering, "The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour." Dumbledore called, as he turned to the Ravenclaw table.

The Hall roared with applause and cheers as Fleur rose to her feet, mostly being boys who were captivated by her Veela. However, the other Beauxbatons didn't share this excitement. Two seventh year girls, who Isabelle recognise to be Amélie and Anne from the patronus performing, broke into tears as they cried into their robes and pressed their arms to the table hiding their faces. Clementine let out an annoyed groan and rested her head on the table, earning a giggle from the others. Alex rolled his eyes Fleur glided between the yellow and blue table up to Dumbledore. Vivienne and Aiméé cheered loudly for her, jumping to their feet and clapping. Fleur and Dumbledore exchanged a handshake before she made her way to the chamber. Madame Maxime sent her a confident nod as she passed causing the girl to beam back and flick her hair before disappearing around the corner.

Once again the Hall fell silent, the Hogwarts students were buzzing with excitement to find out who their champion was. Isabelle looked over at the different tables to see many of them stood on their feet peering at the Goblet in anticipation. The Goblet turned red and shot the parchment high into the air, only for Dumbledore to catch. The Hall fell even more silent, so much that you could hear the breathing of the people around you. "The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory." Dumbledore called proudly. The uproar of the Hal was deafening as a boy from the yellow Hufflepuff table rose and was greeted with high fives and cheers as he passed. Every student on the yellow table were on their feet and shouting at the tops of their voices and stamping their feet. 

As Cedric disappeared the applause didn't die down. They continued to cheer till Dumbledore let out a loud cough indicating he wanted everyones attention."Excellent!" Dumbledore said cheerfully as he looked around the hall with a large beaming smile on his face. "Well, now we have out three champion. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real -"

Dumbledore suddenly stopped talking as everyones attention had left him and they had now turned to the Goblet. The flames were once again red and letting out sparks. The hall was deathly silent but unlike before there was no excitement. Isabelle turned to Max with a panicked look on her face, "This can't be good." She muttered, as a fourth piece of parchment was spat from the Goblet. Dumbledore curiously grabbed the parchment and peered down at it. He held it in his hand and stared down at it for a moment. there was a long pause as he simply held it in his hands and looked down at it. Isabelle's heart sank as she heard his thoughts. "You can hear who it is can't you?" Clementine hissed across the table.

Isabelle nodded, her face becoming paler and paler with each passing second. "Who is it, Belle?" Alex asked softly, but she didn't need to reply as everyones attention was still upon Dumbledore when he cleared his throat and looked up from the parchment. A serious look in his eyes as he stared over to the Gryffindor table. Isabelle followed his gaze, "Harry Potter." They said in synchronisation. Max, Clementine and Alex stared at her, their mouths dropping open before they turned to look at the boy. Isabelle looked at the boy, panic across her face. "Harry...Potter..." She repeated muttering.