19 ~ Dragons

The meal came to a close and soon the students began to leave to return to their sleeping quarters. Isabelle and the others were just about to leave when a large hand dragged Isabelle back. She whipped around to see Hagrid with a smile on his face, "You alright, Isabelle?" He said chirpily. The girl smiled back and nodded, suspicious as to why he wanted to talk to her. He looked around to ensure no one was listening before he bent down towards Isabelle, "I'm going to be coming to get Madame Maxime tonight to show her something, wait until we're slightly further away then change into your wolf and follow us. Be careful though, Harry will be there too underneath his invisibility cloak." Isabelle nodded and waved as she darted out of the hall. 

"What could he want to show me?" Isabelle asked Clementine as they began wracking their minds for potential reasons. "Especially in your wolf form, with Madame Maxime, Harry and not being scene." Clementine added as she began getting ready for bed. Isabelle shrugged her shoulders and sat down on her bed, "I just want to go to sleep." She wined resting her head on her pillow and closing her eyes. Clementine shook her awake and grinned, "You might want to keep an eye out for Madame Maxime, it's getting late now." Isabelle nodded and gently pushed the door open and snuck down the stairs. She peered around the corner to see the headmistress sitting in one of the armchairs, wearing a silk shawl wrapped around herself, awaiting the arrival of Hagrid.

Within time, a quiet knock pounded on the door. Madame Maxime jumped up from her seat and threw open the door to reveal the grounds keeper, "Is it time, Hagrid?" She asked smiling widely at the sight of him. Hagrid nodded and held out his hand to lead her down the golden staircase. "Bong-sewer." He beamed, Madame Maxime let out a small giggle as she closed the door of the carriage. Isabelle instantly jumped out from her hiding place and peered out of one of the windows. She waited for them to get far enough away before opening the door. 

Swiftly, she sunk down into her wolf form, her red hair turning white. Isabelle raced after them, ensuring to be kept hidden behind trees and bushes. Eventually, she caught up to them, staying hidden and cautious to hide from Harry wherever he was under his cloak. They came to a clearing and ducked behind a line of wild bush leaves. Isabelle kept her distance by prowling around them. A bonfire like light shot up before them. Isabelle narrowed her eyes to see four huge, vicious dragons roaring and destroying the trees surrounding them. They were enclosed with thick wood, clearly with the support of magic, with flames emerging between the boards. Each dragon had a group of wizards ranging in ages, trying to keep it tamed. 

Isabelle weaved in and out of trees to get a closer look, she watched as a red headed man approach Madame Maxime and Hagrid. They engaged in a conversation which Isabelle couldn't hear, but she didn't care. Instead she neared closers until she was almost in view. She could see them gradually becoming calmer and guessed they had been given Sleeping Draught. The dragons were now producing smoke rather than flames as they rested in their crates. From the corner of her eye, Isabelle could see Madame Maxime and Hagrid began to wander back to the Hogwarts grounds. 

Isabelle took one last look before following after them, rushing to get back before the headmistress did. She sprang past them in the trees hoping none of them noticed the wolf running past them. She launched herself through the carriage door to see Fleur lying asleep on the chairs. Quietly, she crept up the stairs and into hers and Clementine room. Finally, transforming back into herself, she walked into the room and flopped onto her bed to catch her breath. 

"So are you just going to wheeze or are you going to tell me what happened?" Clementines voice rose from the darkness making Isabelle jump. "Dragons. Dragons are the first task." Isabelle said breathlessly as she switched on the light. Clementine sat up from her bed and rubbed her eyes as they adjusted to the light. "Dragons?! That's ridiculous! How do they expect students to be able to defeat dragons? Do you know what ones?"