24 ~ Pictures

Isabelle wandered into the carriage and took a seat close to the window. She grabbed one of the novels that she'd borrowed from the library and began reading it. Clementine and Alex were talking to Professor Sprout about the latest Herbology lesson that they'd missed notes from. "Hey, Belle." Henrys voice rose from the doorway of the carriage, Isabelle rolled her eyes and groaned looking up at him. "Hi Henry." She sighed returning back to her book. Henry took a seat beside the girl and leant on her shoulder peering down at the book. "What are you reading?" He hummed. Isabelle scowled down at him and closed the book allowing him to see the cover, "The Law of Animagi? What do you want to know about that for?" Isabelle sighed and placed the book on the table turning to look at Henry. "If you must know, my father was an animagus and I developed a power like his and I want to know more about what the hell I am, and I'd like to do it in peace." She snapped picking back up the book and flicking through the pages.

"I could help you, I've got a couple of books about magical creatures. I'm sure they'll be something about animagi." He offered. Isabelle smiled up at him and nodded, immediately the boy jumped up and ran up the stairs towards his room. Moments later, Henry returned with a pile of books. He placed them on the table and took the one of the top, opening it and scanning through. The pair sat for hours scanning through each book, unable to find even an ounce of useful information. Isabelle grew impatient and bored as she tossed the useless books back on the table before grabbing a new one. "I think I found something." Henry said excitedly as he passed the book to Isabelle. The girl scanned the page and grinned as she read the information.

The power of the animagus cannot be passed down through heritage but in life or death consequences the animal is able to jump out of the dying body and latch onto the child of the person. The animal will then change form to whatever the patronus is of that person, this is called a Foresaken Animagi. But the child will not only have the ability to change into the animal at will, as their power increases strong emotional changes or sudden shifts of anger can cause a shift in the presence of dark magic. This means, the use of a dark spell or dark magic near a Foresaken Animagi would cause the person distress and often to shift uncontrollably to their animal form. There is no way to prevent this shift until the dark witch or wizards has disappeared or is out of reach of the Foresaken Animagus. 

Isabelle turned to Henry and furrowed her eyebrows. "Who's the dark wizard using magic near me?" She asked puzzled. Henry shrugged his shoulders and continued reading the page.

"The misuse of the power gifted can cause the same ending that a Maledictus would develop. If the Foresaken Animagus mistreats their gift, they will eventually shift to their animagus form but will be unable to change back. A Foresaken Animagus is a very rare phenomenon, they are wanted by many witches or wizards for their unique magic. There have been known cases of young Foresaken Animagus witches and wizards that have been drained of their magic, this would kill them instantly as the power of the animagus has become their life form. The loss of the magic would cause the central system of the body to collapse and result in them dying instantly. Foresaken Animagi must be protected for their own safety." Henry read nervously before looking to a panic stricken Isabelle. "So, you're a Foresaken Animagi and you have Legitimacy. You are the coolest person I've ever met." He chuckled, Isabelle rolled her eyes and grabbed the book for the boys hand. "Would you mind if I borrow this?"
Henry shook his head, "Of course not, you can keep it. You've got a better need for it than me." 

Isabelle thanked him and jumped up from the seat about to run out of the carriage. "Uh, Isabelle?" Henry called, Isabelle stopped in her tracks and turned back to face him. "Would you uh... Would you like to be my date for the Yule Ball? If not that's totally okay and all, I just thought I'd ask and-"
"Yes I'll go with you." Isabelle giggled, interrupting his nervous rambling. Henry smiled and nodded waving the girl off as she bolted up towards the castle.